Friday, July 24, 2015

Design Floor Friday - Gifted!

Last month, I got lucky!  I won one of the Grand Prize Drawings for the Irish Chain Quilts Blog Hop at the Happy Quilting Blog.  I wrote about my winnings HERE and shared photos of the loot in THIS POST.

Well, since I was feeling fairly good this week (after being sick for 2 weeks), I decided that it was time to put my plan into action.  (Said plan was hatched a week or two ago, but I simply didn't have the energy to act on it at that time.)

Anyway...

I laid out the fabric gifted by the lovely Melissa:


Arranged it in such a way that there was a good balance of color:


Transferred the squares up to the open area just outside the studio door and got to work:


The rows were sewn and returned to the Design Floor:


Then, back through the machine they went... to be joined together to form the top:


See Joyful sew:


Sorry!!!  Joyful got hungry.  The pressing will have to wait and so will YOU!!  :o))

I'll leave you with a preview of the Twister Quilt that will result from my hours of sewing (and pressing), using this pattern and my friend's large ruler.  (Thanks, again, Margaret!):



Until next time...
Stitch Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.