Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wonderful Wednesday - RSC15 - Mid-Year Review

This past SATURDAY, Angela issued notice for the drawing of the beautiful RED hand dyed fabric bundle from Vicki Welsh.  It will be on Wednesday.  Here's what she had to say about having the drawing on a day other than ScrapHappy Saturday:

Why Wednesday you ask?  In honor of the middle of the year, I will be having a special link up in the middle of this week.  As we reach the mid point of 2015, it is time to take stock.  By focusing on one color at a time, it is easy to loose perspective on the bigger picture.  This is a chance to pull out your ongoing projects and get a photo of your blocks together as a group.  For those of us working on several projects simultaneously, this is a great chance to do a quick inventory and make sure you haven't skipped anything important along the way.  So come back on Wednesday for a chance to enjoy lots of projects in progress. Who knows, you might just find your inspiration for next year's Rainbow Scrap Project.


Sew...


Here's my RSC Block Inventory...

Disclaimer:  These are only preliminary layouts.  I still have another half year's block production to add to these before making any decisions about what the final quilts will look like.


TWENTY-FIVE (25) Maverick Stars:


THIRTY-ONE (31) Slab Blocks:


SIXTY-TWO (62) String Blocks:


FIFTY-SIX (56) Tiny Nines:



For a total of ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY-FOUR (174) RSC Blocks.  Can you BELIEVE it?!?!


But, WAIT!!!


That doesn't include the EIGHTY-SIX (86) "Rainbow of Scraps" Crumb Blocks that I made during the month of June:



Which brings me to a GRAND TOTAL of TWO HUNDRED SIXTY (260) quilt blocks made during the first half of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!!  I joined the LINK PARTY, so go find me at link #4 and be sure to check out all of the wonderful RSC projects on the go!

Until next time...
When life hands you scraps,
Make a quilt (or 2 or 5 or 10!!!)

1st Half of 2015 = RSC = Productivity

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous productivity !! Love all of them but the strings and slabs just tug at my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all those crumb blocks in one month! I was a tiny bit surprised at how many blocks I've made since January as a result of RSC. It's a good thing, but I've got my work cut out for me to turn them into quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow! That"s a lot of blocks. I can only imagine what you'll be doing the second half of the year. Keep on stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a LOT of blocks! You're definitely going to have some beautiful quilts at the end. With a lot more work, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of great blocks; fantastic progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! So many beautiful blocks! Looking forward to seeing them turn into lots of great quilts in the coming month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoot Whoot!!! You are so rocking it this year!!!!! Are you out of scraps yet? Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. Stars, slabs, strings, nine patches, crumb blocks. So many beautiful blocks and I love all of them! You have been busy! I look forward to seeing your colorful blocks each week and I look forward to seeing them become colorful quilts later this year.
    I love these mid-year progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy scrap projects! I think my fav are the Tiny Nines....or maybe the Rainbow of Scraps...or maybe the Strings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous effort! Love all the rainbows and all of your projects. Love the strings and the tiny nines, but then they are all great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.