Saturday, July 11, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC15 - Week 28

On SUNDAY, I found that the sneaky Angela already posted the first RSC Sampler Block for the month of July:

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler - July Block 1 - Lantern


MONDAY afternoon, I sorted out all of my RSC blocks to take photos for Angela's Mid-Year Review:


After dinner, I sat down to sew a bit of RED scraps.  I didn't get very much done, but here are pairs of scrap bits waiting to be sewn into Slab Blocks another day:


On TUESDAY, I tallied up all of individual blocks that I've produced for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge thus far...

Maverick Star Blocks:


Slab Blocks:



String Blocks:


Tiny Nines:


Let's not forget all of the "Rainbow of Scraps" Crumb Blocks:


Once everything was tallied, I went upstairs for a bit of RED scrap sewing:


But got sidetracked by THESE electronic charger bags using unused sleeves from my latest T-shirt quilt and leftover pieces from a variety of machine appliques projects.  I keep a bag of pre-fused fabric bits separate from the rest of my scraps for occasions such as this:

Headphones:



Kindle E-reader:



Laptop Computer:


 

 (Cell) Phone:



The entire electronic charger bag family:


This is a project that I've been meaning to make for quite some time, but never got around to until today.  I finally dug out the T-shirt sleeves to upcycle into these adorable little bags.  Now they will no longer be all tangled together in my tote bag.  Hooray!!

WEDNESDAY - I posted the Mid-Year Review for the RSC.  Follow this LINK to see the "quilts" all laid out on the Design Floor.

Oops!  I just remembered that I didn't share what I finished last night, so...

HERE is the ONE "Rainbow of Scraps" Crumb Block:


Along with the THREE Slab Blocks that I completed:


Lucky thing that I had those to post, because other than that, I did NOTHING all day!!  Litterally. The farthest I went was to the kitchen for a drink of juice.  Why?  I've been hit (and hit hard!) with a summer cold that quickly morphed into bronchitis.  :o((

On THURSDAY morning, I took myself off to my weekly Quilt Group meeting.  When I got home, I began work on this week's meeting notes and blog post.  And a LONG nap!!  LOL

Happy Birthday, DS2!!!

FRIDAY morning meant that it was time for our weekly Knit Group.  Running late, as usual, all of the regulars were a the coffee shop before me!  In my defense, I just HAD to lay out these Tiny Nines so that I would be ready to sew when I walked in the door this afternoon:


I ended up leaving those to be sewn an other 'nother day.  Why?  Because Chantel, from At the Corner of Scrap and Quilts blog, sent me the measurements for the RSC block that she is making this year.

Why did she do that, Joyful???

Because I asked her to do so.  I decided that I wanted to go ahead and "audition" it as an option for NEXT YEAR's Scrap Challenge line-up.  I absolutely LOVE the way that 4 of them look when laid out together, but I was less than pleased with my sample block...

It started out fine (with a sample sample to check for sizing:


I left the large HSTs to trim up after the block was together:


While my sample looks good enough, it seemed like a LOT of work to sew:




SATURDAY is our weekly LINK PARTY with So Scrappy.  I finished this post and went over to join in the FUN!  You will find me at link number 14 today.  Be sure to check out all of the lovely RED scrappy goodness going on in sewing rooms around the world.

In the meantime, have a look at my NEW (recycle/reused) scrap jar that I started a week or so ago. It's for all of those bits that I don't have the energy to trim up right away or when my shoulder is acting up.  The jar is already turning RED:


And so is the trash:



Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

5 comments:

  1. Those charger bags are really perfect! Cords are such a bother, and having them contained and labelled would help so much. There is still plenty of time before you have to decide on next year's RSC project -- I love that you are already thinking about it though :)-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, groups of four of those would make a really neat diamond..... So fun that you are already thinking of next year. Hope you take care of yourself - lots of rest and liquids. Summer colds are the worst, especially when they morph into something worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy seeing your scrappy progress! Next year I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T-shirt sleeves - good idea. Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use up all the bits of the t-shirts. Your sample block is lovely and would make a great block for next year's RSC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.