Saturday, July 18, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC15 - Week 29

Welcome to Week 29 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's hard to believe that we are already two weeks into the second half of 2015.  Speaking of seconds...

Early SUNDAY morning, after reading more of the RSC participant posts alluding to a 2nd Sampler Block...

... it finally dawned on me that I had missed an important post.

WAIT!!  WHAT??

How did you manage that, Joyful?!?!?

Apparently, Angela posted her tutorial on Monday (to give those of us working on her Sampler time to work on the connector blocks and row assembly), which would explain it since I didn't spend that much time on the computer since was sick all last week.  :o((

Click on the LINK below:

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler - July Block 2 - Lantern Light



Later in the morning, I took DS2 to a band mate's house for delivery to camp and when I returned home I noticed that one of my "specimen lilies" had bloomed (AND not been eaten by the local deer OR rabbit!!!)  Lucky for me, it fits within the parameters for July's Color of the Month, too:

In a...


nice, soft...


shade of...


RED-orange!!!

I took things fairly easy today, but (between naps) I decided that it was about time to complete something that I started early LAST week... so I finished FOUR of the Tiny Nines that have been begging for my attention:


MONDAY was an odd day.  DS2 is off at a Jazz Workshop for the week.  I'm hoping to make the trip down on Friday to see the End-of-Camp performance.  We'll see how I'm feeling by then...

In the meantime, I entertained myself in the sewing room by trimming up and adding on to the stack of Crumb Blocks that I worked on at my monthly Quilt Bee meeting/Sew Day this past Saturday:


TUESDAY morning, I remembered that I'm REALLY supposed to be concentrating on RSC blocks in the Color of the Month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so... (after a trip to the doctor) I passed over my "Rainbow of Crumbs" blocks in favor of making TWO String Blocks in RED:


WEDNESDAY was another FREE day for me so I pulled out my scraps and sewed FOUR "Rainbow of Crumbs" Blocks to add to the ever-growing pile:


On THURSDAY, I attended my weekly Quilt Group meeting.  When I got home, I only had time to write up the blog post and head to work.  :o((

FRIDAY wqs Knit Group.  I went for a little while before heading off to Wilmington, North Carolina and the campus of UNC-W for the annual End-of-Camp Jazz Concert.  This was DS2's 4th summer of attendance and he hopes to sneak in a 5th year before heading off to college next year.  To say that he enjoys it is an understatement!!!

On SATURDAY morning, I finished up this post and joined the LINK PARTY over at Sew Scrappy. Click over to see all of the wonderful RED projects that were made this week.  While you're there, look for me at link number 14.

 BTW... I am starting to feel better, since the medicine kicked in.  Thanks for all the well wishes last week!  It's hard to believe just how hard a sinus infection can kick you on you rear!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

11 comments:

  1. Love those scrappy nines a lot!! Oh sinus infections are so nasty--you feel all done in! Happy you are feeling better...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are starting to feel better. Sorry for sneaking in that second red block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. But even under the weather you did quite a bit. I love your "rainbow of crumbs" blocks. They could turn out to be really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the meds are helping - yes, a sinus infection can be quite serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better! The floral pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Looks like you got lots done last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great for feeling under the weather. Colds and sinus infections can really tax the energy level to zilch really quickly. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear that you are feeling better. Beautiful Lily and blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better. You got a fair amount done in spite of everything! I have (had) lilies in my yard that look(ed) similar to your specimen. They've done well for several years; I suspect they need to be divided and pampered a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strings and crumbs and tiny nines, oh my! It's all good...but not that sinus infection, yuck.

    I have lots of daylilies. They sure brighten up the yard in a variety of colors. And easy care...almost like weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling better. Lovely red string blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.