Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Wonderful Wednesday - A Fall 2024 UFO Club Finish

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  I'm here to share my first UFO finish of the quarter.  I finished the quilt top at the NT Nights Retreat over Labor Day weekend.  And then it sat, in typical Joy fashion (as did this post.)

If you're on Ravelry you may have already seen it...

This donation quilt was made for the Quilt For Kids Challenge in conjunction with the DOQ Quilt Show held last weekend two weeks ago.  Here is the completed quilt on display:


Thank goodness for quilting friends!!!

I couldn't locate my crayon fabric when packing for the retreat.  :o((

As it turned out...

Stacy was finished with her entry and had some scraps that were perfect for the narrow border I had planned.  When I was out of projects, Mary decided that she didn't want to make her challenge entry.  Her FQ of crayon fabric became the center of my design.

My contribution to the quilt was a couple yards of Moda Grunge that went coordinated well with the challenge fabric.

But...

My design wasn't big enough for the quilt I was hoping to make.

What then???

As luck would have it, Britt had just the right fabric in one of her project boxes!  Being the good friend that she is, she donated it to the cause so that I could stretch the size a bit:


Here is the resulting quilt top on the design wall at retreat:


Special thanks to Stacy @overthemoonquilts, "Scrappy" Mary, and Britt @britt_quilts for making this quilt become a reality!

Only a few steps left!!!

The quilting, the squaring up, and the binding.  It all happened so fast that I missed taking any photos.  My finish came complete with a game of "Binding Chicken" that I didn't realize I was playing.  Whoops!  There were only 6 inches leftover!!!

Here is the porch swing photo:


The Crayon Challenge Quilt was c
ompleted October 3, 2024 - ZERO DAYS prior to the Quilt Show hang.  Whew!!  I'm SEW glad that I was able to get it done in time to be displayed with the other challenge quilts.  Apologies for sharing it, again, but it insisted on having its own post.  :o))

Until next time...
Mark another UFO off the list!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay and Congratulations! The quilt is adorable and way to win Binding Chicken! I think retreats are the most wonderful in every way I can think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.