Saturday, October 19, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 42

Welcome to Week 42 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a prep week for my upcoming Pedal Pushers Quilt Retreat in the mountains of north central North Carolina.  With the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, I wasn't sure that it would still take place.

SUNDAY - Weekly Morning Art Zoom found me creating a page to house the mini accordion journal that I made in yesterday's class with @karenlizcreative:


Britt and I stayed after for a few minutes of visiting:


After dinner, I enjoyed some art time with my friends at Get Messy during Collage Club.  I worked on finishing a page in my Get Messy Art Journal:


MONDAY - Day Off!!!

Sewing, some housework, and preparing for my upcoming retreat kept me busy all day.

But... I took time out to attend Curiosity Collective and made the following page during our exploration of Messy Recipe #9:


TUESDAY - Work

Errands kept me busy beforehand, but afterwards, I was too tired for much of anything.  No sewing.  No art.  No nothing!

WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

This morning a ran a couple quick errands.  I had a payment to drop off and a purchase to make.  The nights have gotten colder and we needed new flannel sheets for our bed.  The good news?  They were on sale for 40% off!!!  :o))

Apparently, we have new neighbors:

 
Work (and another near miss of an accident!)  This one was closer to home and was a closer call than the one I avoided last week.  Police were still on the scene and no clean-up had begun.  I didn't get a photo today, but suffice to say the full-sized pick up truck involved had its front end completely smashed in (possibly by a dump truck.)

No Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color this week.  My work schedule interferes with our timing.

THURSDAY - Work...

... Was flanked by a trip to the pharmacy for DH and a trip to the Big Box craft store for Knittingsuek.

FRIDAY - Work

It was a full day today.  The new girl had the day off.  She's working all next week while I'm away at Quilt Retreat.

After dinner, it was up to the studio for my Weekly Evening Art Zoom.  I worked on this watercolor page in my Get Messy art journal using all four of the pinks in my palette:


Britt and I chatted for a little while afterwards concerning the projects I'm planning to take to retreat:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Quarterly Weekend Quilt Bee resumed today with the following members in attendance...


When the quilters departed the paint and paper came out to play:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun to see what you've been doing with your art each week, Joy! Have you met the new neighbors yet? Have a great time at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you haven't been in those accidents. Enjoy the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.