Saturday, October 12, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 41

Welcome to Week 41 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week I'm scheduled for late days at work.  That won't leave a lot of playtime.  What will that mean for scrap sewing???

Take a look...

SUNDAY - Quilt Show so no Weekly Morning Art Zoom for me.  I did get to spend some time with Knittingsuek, though.  Here we are, shopping the boutique with Maggie:


Here she is with the quilt she entered and its Second Place ribbon:

Congratulations, Sue!!

MONDAY - Work

I'm glad I didn't have to be at work earlier.  It could have be a long wait to get through this traffic light, judging by the looks of the car being loaded on that flatbed:


TUESDAY - Work

Before work I spent some time on YouTube to see what the predictions were for Hurricane Milton.  Things don't look good for Tampa and the surrounding areas:


I also spent some time catching up on video lessons from Sketchbook Revival:


WEDNESDAY - Work

On my break, I binge watched bits of YouTube videos to see how Florida fared during Hurricane Milton.  When I got home, I decorated my new Get Messy hangout journal in order to be ready for this week's upcoming classes:


After dinner, I watched several more Milton video reports and checked in with family and friends in the area via text and email:


THURSDAY - Work

Beforehand, I thought about cat quilts and dipped into my BROWN/beige/cream scrap baskets to see what I could come up with for this month's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge:


FRIDAY - No Knit Group today. Beth has company, Linda is away and Tracy had to work. That left Stacy knitting by herself, as I made an appointment so I couldn't attend.

I was able to fit in a quick Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color before heading out.  Today was my only day off this week and this was the only time we could fit in a chat:


After dinner, I enjoyed my Weekly Evening Art Zoom where I worked on this week's class titled Treasure the Moment.  This is the journal page that I created:


And...

Stayed few minutes after to chat with Britt:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  You will have to wait to see my BROWN scrap sewing, as my TABLE SCRAPS Challenge project is nowhere near ready for its debut.

It was a busy morning which began with a Get Messy class called Karen and the Season of Buried Treasure.  I made a tiny accordion-style journal using @karenlizcreative's single sheet of paper method:

Side One...


And...

Side Two:


Afterwards, I enjoyed my Weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you worked later and avoided that accident. Hope your family is all ok and have checked in with you. I can't wait to see what you do for the cats. I have some ideas. We will see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.