Saturday, October 26, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 43

Welcome to Week 43 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, it's going to be all sewing all the time.  Will scraps be involved?

Read on to find out...

SUNDAY - The week began with Weekly Morning Art Zoom where we played Roll the Dice.  Here are the two pages that I created...

Prompt Set One:


Prompt Set Two:


MONDAY - The car was packed and I headed to the mountains for my third annual Pedal Pushers Quilt Retreat:


The altered directions took me under the (closed) Blueridge Parkway seen in the distance...


This is the view from a scenic overlook when my GPS lead me astray:


Later than expected, I felt lucky to have arrived:


TUESDAY - Day Two of Retreat began with a glorious sunrise seen through the window screen in my room:


Today's project was my Sweet Kisses quilt (blocks pieced by Britt).  I arranged the blocks and cut the setting triangles before moving on to the assembly.  The photo below was taken once all of the rows had been joined:


Yes.  I'm in the Smokey Mountains at sunset:


WEDNESDAY - Day Three of Retreat began with a "smoky" sunrise:


Tiffany shared this sweet journal cover with me.  I get to choose my own lining and pockets for the interior:


Not long after lunch, my Sweet Kisses project is a completed quilt top:


Here I am modeling Tiffany's latest jacket creation:


The fall colors are getting more beautiful as our time here passes:


In the early evening, I took Sweet Kisses out for a look at the view...


Tiffany and I got a photo, too:


What started out as eight has now become four panels of my Circle Denim Quilt:


No Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color this week.  :o((

THURSDAY - Day Four of Retreat.  Good morning spectacular sunrise:


Today I laid out the blocks for my Snow Stars project...


After stitching my Circle Denim Quilt into a (nearly) completed top...


I got started on sewing the Snow Stars project into rows:


FRIDAY - Day Five of Retreat provided this lovely sunrise:


I packed my suitcase while waiting for the orange ball to appear on the horizon...


Not long after breakfast there were only three quilters left at the lodge:


I was home in time for dinner and was able to attend my Weekly Evening Art Zoom afterwards.  I worked on cutting out pieces for a collage based on this week's lesson with Ika Vantiani:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Today began with my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek...


Which was followed by lunch and a Get Messy Host meeting.  In the interim, I completed the collage that I started last night:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks you had a lovely place for your retreat and got a lot done! Fun to see what you worked on. I love the Sweet Kisses quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say Hi! to Tiffany for me. Brings back memories of our first meetings in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three quilts moved toward completion! Good for you! What a gorgeous venue for a retreat! Thanks for sharing your projects and your retreat space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to gather quilters. The air must be so clean up there. I'm a little jealous, lucky girl! I love your quilts but the jeans one pulls my heart strings. Wow! What's the back look like? How do you finish the edges? How big are your fabric pieces in the middle? Do you show more on another post? Thanks. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.