Saturday, October 5, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 40

Welcome to Week 40 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a bit of a blur.

Read on and you will see for yourself...

SUNDAY - Weekly Morning Art Zoom

I checked one of the last remaining art experiments off my list for September's projects, a contact paper image transfer:


Britt and I stayed after to chat for a little bit:


I decided to work on another of my art experiments for the month after lunch.  This was a watercolor painting done with pieces of a credit card:


MONDAY - Day Off!!

I Zoomed with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color right after lunch, as today was my only day off this week so it was the only time we could fit in a chat:


Afterwards, I peeled of specifically made "paint skins" from the freezer paper that I had layered the paint on...


And used them on this art journal page during this week's Curiosity Collective:


Once the Art Zoom was over, I gathered my quilts for the Show Quilt Turn-in this evening.

TUESDAY - Work

After work, I got a start on finishing my QFK Challenge quilt:




The construction workers next door were working on roofing House # 9, 10, and 11, as well as laid sod at the house next door:



Weekly Quilt Group and I went, but neglected to get a photo  :o((

Afterwards, I took Britt lunch and helped with the Quilt Show hang, Dee Dee and I were responsible for setting up the accessories and wearables booth.  At the end of the day, I was pleased to see my freshly finished QFK Quilt hung in the show:


I got the following surprise when walking through the show to make sure that no stray poles remained in any booth...

My original pictorial seascape quilt, inspired by Karen Eckmeier's Accidental Landscapes, received a 3rd place ribbon in its category:


FRIDAY - Work

QUILT SHOW!!!  Mebane Arts Center, off 3rd Street in Mebane, NC at 633 Corregidor St.

No Knit Group for me or quilt show for me today, as I was scheduled for a full day.  :o((

During my Weekly Evening Art Zoom, I worked on another version of my credit card watercolor painting.  This time in my Altered Book Journal:


Britt and I stayed after for a few minutes.  We'll see each other at the quilt show tomorrow:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you were able to visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I pulled out some Lights and Browns for this month's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge...


Not sure where I'm going to find a cat in all of that!

No scrap sewing for me today...

I'm off to the QUILT SHOW!!!  Mebane Arts Center, off 3rd Street in Mebane, NC at 633 Corregidor St.  I spent the bulk of the day volunteering, but managed this photo as I watched Britt begin her demonstration on Rug Twining:


The quilt show is also open from 10 AM - 3PM on Sunday, October 6th.  Please stop by if you are in the area.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.