Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sew Some Love Sunday - LWR - Quilt Number Sixteen {and Seventeen}

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  I'm here to share the latest quilt finishes for the Lutheran World Relief Mission Quilt Drive here at The Joyful Quilter.


The front of this quilt was made by Ruth B. using squares from Nann @ With Strings Attached, along with some of her own and Ruth also added borders to this quilt top:


The backing was contributed by Suzanne in Alaska:




Thank you, to the following donors to the Batting Fund:

Alycia @ Alycia Quilts

Along with the following local contributors:
Ruth S. and Sue

Your contributions filled these quilts with snuggly warmth.

Joy layered this up on her longarm and quilted it using a technique called Dwirling.  It's a favorite of Mary @ Making Scrap Quilts from Stash developed by Dawn Ramirez, The Pajama Quilter.  Unfortunately, her DVDs are no longer available (and I forgot to add the wave rows between the swirl rows.)


I'm pleased to present LWR Quilt Number Sixteen:


The binding for this quilt was supplied by Libby @ Life on the Hill.  That binding was applied...


... And sewn down by Joy:


What a wonderful example of the phrase "Many hands make light work."  Thank you, quilters!!  I appreciate each and every one of you.


Same stats, different quilt...


With the exception of the binding, which came from Nann:


I remembered the "rest" row...


... On Quilt Number Seventeen:


The pieced backing was donated by Suzanne in Alaska:


Thank you to all who contributed to the making of these two quilts for Lutheran World Relief.  If you can believe it, there are STILL more to come.  My heart is filled with gratitude for the generosity of my readers and friends.

Until next time...
Sew some LOVE!!!

7 comments:

  1. Way to contribute good to the world, quilters!!! Nice job, Joy! I like the FMQ Dwirling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts! Makes for warm thoughts on this Sunday. Have a great weekend Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilters make the best friends, don't they? And, oh boy, purple is the color for June. Shall my table scraps runner be lilacs, or iris, or pansies? Maybe all three? Although I'm not sure how that would look. Time to make a plan so I can take the project to retreat in 2 weeks.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. Much movement in the quilting.💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rest row remembered! lol Something I would do, too!
    Nice accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful quilty accomplishments! It's so much fun when many hands help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Dwirling quilting! I don't think I've seen that before. I'll bet it's really fun to sweep it across the quilt on your long arm :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.