Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sew Some Love Sunday - LWR Q15 (and more) - Arrival of Elaine's Quilts

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Some of you may recall that I recently did a Guest Blogger post for Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict as part of this year's Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge.  I gave a report on the LWR Mission Quilt Drive that I am organizing here on the blog.  As a result of that guest appearance, one of her readers offered to send some quilts my way.

This week Elaine W. sent the box at the bottom of this stack of packages - the other two packages are preowned jeans ordered off eBay, which I hope will fit my now (somewhat) slimmer frame:


Elaine included a note in the box...


... And not one...


... But TWO beautiful quilts:


One for Lutheran World Relief - Quilt Number Fifteen...


... And one for the charity of my choice, as it was a good bit smaller than the LWR Quilts that have been made or donated, thus far:


Thank you, Elaine!  Your contribution is SEW appreciated.  The smaller quilt will be mailed to 
Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo, one of the participating charities in the 2021 Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge.  Your vibrant batik quilt is certain to provide a bit of cheer to a chemotherapy patient.  The LWR Quilt you sent has been added to the top of the LWR Quilt stack for delivery once the final quilt has been completed:


Until next time...
Sew some LOVE!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts today. I was particularly interested in the smaller of the two quilts -- the batik one. I have that pattern and have been telling myself I'm going to make one. But haven't started. It's bigger than what I normally make and I like to crank out the baby size or small lap quilt size. Perhaps it's time to give this one a go. I have a lot of batik I can put to good use. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to get the donation quilts from Elaine. Pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful quilts that Elaine donated . Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are nice quilts from Elaine! Take care Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a generous donation! Many thanks to Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.