Monday, May 10, 2021

Mail Call Monday - Sew Preeti Style


Welcome to another edition of Mail Call Monday!!  It's been a while since I've gotten any mail to report and suddenly I have TWO posts in a row.  Yesterday's post was one thing and today's is another.

Here's the story...

My friend Preeti @ Sew Preeti Quilts called to bounce an idea off me.  She had recently completed a quilt and had a thought.  The idea of hosting a Positivity QAL this summer hit her and she wondered if she had just lost her mind.  I assured her that it was a great idea!

Fast forward to the BIG reveal...

Preeti posted photos of  The Positivity Quilt, told about her hair brained scheme, and invited her readers to participate.  The quilts made would be going to Bernie @ Needle & Foot Fine Fabrics for her Mercyful Quilts program.  I told Preeti that I would be happy to participate, if I could make it fit into my quilting schedule.  I've contributed (to Mercyful Quilts) as part of the annual Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge hosted by Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict and would happily donate, again.  (There's still time for YOU to chose one of this year's participating charities to support with a quilt, too!)

In her program reveal post, Preeti asked if any pattern writers or
shop owner would consider offering a prize.  I left the following comment:

Such a beautiful quilt, Preeti!! I have marked my calendar with the dates. I would be pleased to offer a prize for the QAL (even though I'm not a pattern designer nor a fabric shop owner!) Drop me an email or a phone call to discuss.


Preeti replied with this email...

Thank you Joy. I'd love for you to play along. And I am very curious about the prize you have to offer.
Hugs,
Preeti.

... And followed up with a phone call a few days later.  We discussed what I had in mind and for the first time since I've know her, Preeti was at a loss for words.

SEW...

I'm amazed that I was able to (momentarily) render you speechless, Preeti.  :o))

To recap this afternoon's conversation, the winner of my prize for your Positivity QAL would...

Content hidden so as not to spoil the surprise.

Thanks for allowing me to help in this way!
Joy @
The Joyful Quilter on Blogger

This package came as a bit of a surprise:


Here is a portion of the note she sent:



You see, I had surprised her and she wanted to return the favor.  That bit about "shutting me up" was in her priceless reaction to my prize offering.  I'll let her tell you about that later, though.


I recall Preeti's mention of fabrics that she couldn't use, because of her Island Batik Ambassadorship, but take a look at what she sent...


These bluey-greeny beauties:


... Along with these pinky-purpley pretties:


TWELVE gorgeous batik fat quarters?!?!



Thank you, Preeti!!  I appreciate your generous gift.  I'm SEW hoping these will work for my version of your Positivity QAL quilt.

Let this be a reminder...

Good things can happen when you give from the heart!  I hope YOU will consider joining Preeti's Mercyful Positivity QAL.  Rumor has it she's got some amazing prizes.  (wink, wink)

Note...

Preeti let the proverbial cat out of the bag in THIS POST!!!

Until next time...
SEW (seeds of) Positivity!!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful and interesting QAL ; I look forward to learning more about it. What beautiful fabrics that Preeti sent you. Quilting and stitching friends are amazing. Have a lovely week , dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss Preeti's post. Thanks for sharing. I am in and going to check out her post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fabrics, I love batiks. I've made a couple quilts for Mercy Hospital and sent them to Bernie. She is a wonderful advocate for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics will be sew much fun to play with. Such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Generosity begets generosity and here's proof! Lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure do know how to spread the love....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, how wonderful you are and those other generous quilters are to be sewing for such good causes. If only I could finish something sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to offer a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, can't wait to know more about the prize you are offering 😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so welcome, Joy!!! You are amazing...for many reasons and also for making me speechless :-D Lots of Love & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.