Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wonderful Wednesday - On Ringo Pond...

... Because ONE block certainly does NOT make a lake!!

I thought to myself... This is ridiculous!!!  Finish it, already.

SEW...

That's how the fifth item on my Winter 2019 (Ravelry) UFO Club list began its journey from Orphan Block to completed.  It had been left on the UFO pile to be finished, at some point in the future.

Well...

The future is NOW!!!


5. On Ringo Lake (BH2017)




 If only I could drag myself up to the studio...

After EIGHT DAYS of being in bed with the flu, I was feeling a little better and tried to go up and sew, but that didn't go well.  Just going to get the mail exhausted me!  So...

The stairs were NOT going to happen.  I went back to bed.

After NINE DAYS of being in bed with the flu, I felt much more able to manage the stairs and found the quickest finish possible.  My On Ringo Lake block that will NEVER meet the rest of the geese!  It met all of my qualifications:

1. It was right on the top of the project stack.

2. It was on my Winter 2019 (Ravelry) UFO Club list.

3. It was SMALL!!

Here I am doing some straight line quilting:


The quilting didn't take all that long to complete:


Oops!  What is yarn doing in this post?!?!  Sorry about that!


This is the completed small wall hanging:


I present On Ringo Pond:


Yes, I realize it's not MUCH of a finish.  It's not as well done as it might have been, but it's the best I could do after being in bed with the flu for the better part of the past NINE DAYS!!

Shared with Cynthia for Oh Scrap!

Until next time...
Scale back a project, if necessary!!!

11 comments:

  1. You did excellent under the conditions you are going through right now. Congratulations for this finish. A finish no matter the size is a finish! And I like it! I like the softer colours you used. Get well soon, my friend. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been ill! It was a victory for you just to get to the sewing machine, let alone finish something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well done Joy!
    Congratulations on your finish, It’s a beautiful wall hanging.
    Hope you are feeling much better now!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your dreadful flu. Congratulations on finishing your lively little Ringo Pond wall hanging. Your dwarf irises are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made one block. A BH quilt doesn't seem as daunting if you just make 1 block. Great job thinking outside the lake. I hope you start recovering now. One more block (of something else) tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, it's such a sweet little pond! Great way to use an orphan block. Now it can find a forever home and not be an orphan any more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The smallest On Ringo Lake I've ever seen. But you did it! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mini quilts like that because you feel like you accomplished something, and it's such a pretty block to make a mini out of! I'm so sorry you were sick for so long, but glad you're better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're feeling better. Nine days with the flu is ridiculously terrible. It's a great finish, with great colors. So what if it's small!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you were so sick. It probably felt wonderful to finally get to sew. Thanks for sharing your lovely piece with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the scale back!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.