Saturday, September 21, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 38

Welcome to Week 38 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a mixed bag of work and art.  Was there any sewing involved?

Read on to find out...

SUNDAY - Travel Day

I missed my Weekly Morning Art Zoom, but was home in time to join Julie and the Season of Experimentation for a lesson on painty play:


This was the page created from yesterday's paint mixing experiment:


Britt and I chatted for a bit afterwards:


MONDAY - Day Off

Since I wasn't working today, I was able to attend Curiosity Collective with my Get Messy art friends.  LOOK!  Sewing was involved - PAPER sewing:


My monthly Quilt Guild meeting was this evening.  Our speaker was Lyric Kinard...


And...

It was also turn-in night for the Birds, Bees, Flowers and Trees (& Butterflies) Challenge.  This was my entry displayed on the table for voting along with the other twenty-two (22!) entries:


TUESDAY - Work

Beforehand, I had a chance to catch up on Drew Steinbrecher and the FREE Gel Print Summit Kickoff.  Yes... That IS fabric in the background!  He is an artist and a quilter:


WEDNESDAY - Day Off/Sick Day/Work (It's a long story.  Don't ask.)

Unfortunately...

That meant that I missed my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color.  :o((

THURSDAY - Work

Since I wasn't scheduled for the early shift (like I thought) I was able to watch Tracey Wozniak's newly released class on Get Messy:


FRIDAY - Work and another late arrival time.  This made it possible to attend Tracey's LIVE image transfer class this morning...


Here is the page I created using coffee dyed paper, magazine images, and my new watercolors to extend the sky and water of the transfer I selected:


After dinner, I attended my Weekly Evening Art Zoom and was able to check another art experiment off my list with this seascape painted using a plastic grocery bag inspired by @skorobogatova_anna known for her unconventional techniques:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  All I managed this week was selecting a handful of scraps for this month's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge which begins on Friday, September 27th.  We'll see what becomes of them as the days dart past:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your quilt guild challenge entry! Pretty colors. Looks like you've been continuing to have fun with the paint classes, too. Looking forward to seeing what you make out of those pretty fall scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have Lyric as your speaker. She is such a motivational and nurturing teacher. I wasn't familiar with Drew Steinbrecher. Looks like a fun class.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.