Saturday, September 28, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 39

Welcome to Week 39 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was full to the brim with activities, classes, and work.  It was also filled with vertigo that would not go away.  Thankfully, that seemed to diminish as the week went on.  I'll tell you right up front...

There was NO scrap sewing this week!!!  :o((

SUNDAY - Well, it started off with vertigo and my Weekly Morning Art Zoom.  I worked on the Roll the Dice game that I missed last week.  The prompts were magazine image, cling wrap, masking or washi tape, map and marker:


Britt and I (and a couple others) stayed on for a little bit after the meeting ended:


Once I had eaten lunch, I headed back up to the studio for my Weekly Zoom with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Day Off

Yay!!!  It's my day off!  With my schedule change, I met briefly with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom session:


I am so excited that I was able to attend Curiosity Collective for the 4th week in a row.  That is completely unheard of!  Today we worked on Messy Recipe #7, but I deviated a bit from the plan.  My page had the recommended watercolor and magazine image, but that was it:


TUESDAY - Work

Yesterday afternoon I was excited to receive Happy Mail!!!

My very first Ephemera Swap package arrived from Germany.  What fun I am going to have working these items into my journal pages:


WEDNESDAY - Work

I finally remembered to take a photo of this page made during a class with Julie Hamilton:


THURSDAY - Work

I made a doctor appointment before work to see if there was anything that could be done about my ongoing vertigo.  The typical maneuvers don't seem to work for me.

Between that and icing my back and neck, I worked on this page in my Happy Mail journal using some of the items from my swap package before lunch and heading off to work:


After work I headed out to my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee meeting, but with the rain predicted, only a few members showed up:



Work

Before that, I "swam" to the local coffee shop for Weekly Knit Group.  Again, only a few members braved the force of nature that was Hurricane Helene.  Actually, it was barely raining when I left home.  We knit as the rain blew through and I left to get ready for work when the wind and rain died down...

Alas...

I had to find an alternate route home, as the road was blocked off about a mile from our house:


After dinner I attended my Weekly Evening Art Zoom.  I added bits of ephemera (from my swap gift) to these pages in my Get Messy art journal...

First, I used a portion of a napkin, a stamped butterfly, and a leaf cut from one of the collage pages to add some interest to a pre-marked page:


Then I cut out the hand-drawn flower from my swap partner's envelope and added that to a page with a gelli print from an earlier journaling session:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Knittingsuek and I skipped our Weekly Zoom call today.  She had too much to do and I had an art class and a few things to do in order to be ready for Monday evening's quilt turn-in for next weekend's Quilt Show.  This was the start of today's  class...


And...

This is what I made during the class:


I also took time to finish up last week's art class with More Than Marmalade that I didn't have time nor energy to complete.  Let me tell you... I am THRILLED with the results of this charcoal pencil and watercolor page:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

Sharing with Alycia
for

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been dealing with vertigo this week, Joy! Hope it is getting better. The hurricane really hit N. Carolina, too - hope it hasn't affected your city too terribly. Glad you got in some arting therapy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.