Tuesday, June 25, 2024

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 54 - Jane's Taste of Watermelon

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I recently received an email from Jane in Australia.  She has completed her entry for the June TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

This is what she had to say...

Hello Joy,
I hope your health has been better lately, and also that you aren’t feeling hemmed in by the new neighbourhood popping up around you.
This month almost on the top of my scraps were the blue nautical fabric and the white sashing fabric - exact amounts of both!

Here is her entry:


The blue waves around the border took just 3 seconds to find…. So plenty of blue and plenty of water, - but it’s supposed to be watermelon!🍉
So a watermelon binding- including the black seeds !!
Someone will love it when it makes its way to Meals on Wheels.
Hoping your summer is lovely, we are heading into winter.🥶
Warm regards,
Jane in Australia.

Give Jane some quilty love in the comments below.  I let her know that I loved the way she focused on the water and then threw in the watermelon seed binding.  I'm pleased to share donation placemat entry with us.  I feel certain that you enjoy seeing her work as much as I do!  Thank you for sending a photo for the blog, Jane.  I enjoy being able to post your projects (and anyone else's without a blog.)  It's SEW nice to be inspired by quilters around the globe who share ways to USE the scraps that most of us continue to accumulate!

Link Party REMINDER...

The June 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be opening on  Friday, June 28th @ 12:01 AM.  I hope that YOU will join in the scrappy fun!  You haven't started sewing yet?  No worries.  Small projects are quick to make and entries can be added until Wednesday, July 3rd @ 11:59 PM (EDT).

Until next time...
USE those (table) SCRAPS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.