Saturday, December 23, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 51

Welcome to Week 51 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I was presented with another schedule change.  I'm not sure how I will cope.

Let's worry about that later...

Last Saturday was a busy day, which started out with a festive Holiday Party:


Special thanks to Carol, who hosted our Quarterly Quilt Bee.  Group photo shown above and the "Three Muskateers" shown below.


I delivered a few gifts on my way home.  Hilary and I had a nice visit.  Look at the gorgeous shawl she gave me!  It's her Nature's Majesty pattern from the 2023 New Year's Eve Mystery KAL:



Read on to see how the week went...

SUNDAY - Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

The week began with spending some time with my Get Messy friends and a bit of art.  After lunch, Knittingsuek and I met for our weekly Zoom call:


MONDAY - Work

If you were wondering what I did in yesterday's Art Zoom, that is pictured below.  I finished the final two pages in my Patchwork Journal from The Roben's Nest:


TUESDAY - Work

Using this pattern...


The Sashiko page in my Care December journal is complete:


WEDNESDAY - Work

No Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color this week.  Working until 6PM cuts into my "free" time.  We're hoping to meet sometime over the weekend.  The (glare-y) photo below hints at the utility work that is going on at the construction site next door this week:


THURSDAY - Work

Our holiday luncheon was today.  Fresh cooked chicken wings and nachos were on the menu.  YUM!

FRIDAY - Before work, I captured a photo of this morning's glorious sunrise, right before it retreated behind that incoming bank of clouds:


At the end of my work day, hopefully the last of the 6PM ones, this was all that was left of the sun setting on this work week.  Apparently, I moved too soon and caused a bit of blur:


NOTE:  Thanks to Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts, I discovered that Gail @ Quilting Gail has announced the 2024 Stay at Home Round Robin.  I have a couple of ideas about what I might like to do with the project.  We'll see what happens in a couple of weeks.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

The only fabric I touched this week was this big baggie of scraps from my friend Maggie:

Thanks, Mags!!  I spy SEW much fun in this gift!

** Apologies to all of my RSC Quilter friends from last week's link party.  I didn't manage to visit very many (if any) of your posts.  I'll try to do better this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

8 comments:

  1. Here's hoping the new year brings some letup in the heavy work schedule. Merriest of Christmases to you and yours, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that we've passed the Winter Solstice, I think more sunsets are in your future! That scrap bag looks like it holds some fun for you. Merry Christmas, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a few days of rest now! Retail and Christmas make life hectic ! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a beautiful week with friends! The shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good week. Sorry to hear the construction has not yet been finished up. What a beautiful shawl you received. Nice job from Hilary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo the shawl is pretty and so is your quilt group pretty, all happy and having fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a busy week. The shawl is very pretty - what a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a full week...and here I am almost a week later...but saying hi. That shawl is beautiful and your parties all look like they were fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.