Saturday, December 16, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 50

Welcome to Week 50 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  WEEK FIFTY?!?!  You read that right, folks.  Our hostess, Angela, and many of the RSC Quilters are busily working on finishing up their rainbow quilts for this year.  I, on the other hand...

Am not.

I am in the midst of retail H.LL.  However, I would LIKE to be working on a rainbow quilt.

Unfortunately...

I got lost in the middle of Light GREEN/BLUE month back in June.  Prior to that time I was cutting more scraps each month for my Scrap Jar Star.  I had really hoped that THIS would be the year that I finished my blocks.  Alas, that was not the case and now there isn't enough energy at the end of the work day for much of anything

The good news is...

There's another year with a fresh new start just around the corner!

Here's how this week panned out...

Let's start with SATURDAY afternoon and evening - I started a new-to-me art event.  Mandala Magic Taster Sessions with Julie Gibbons:


I folded a zine from Messy & Bright:


And I did some upcycling...


By transforming an unloved pair of blue jeans into hand warmers for everyone at work:


SUNDAY - Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

The morning began with a Zoom session with my Get Messy art friends.  Britt and I stayed after for a few minutes to chat:


After lunch I met with Knittingsuek for our weekly Zoom:


MONDAY - A busy day at work quickly washed away when I walked out to this peaceful view:


TUESDAY - Work's departure sunset...


Was followed by darkening skies and this view...


On the way to visit the quilt that I made for my friend Tracy.  Here it is at home in the "Yarn Palace":


Oh, wait!  I actually went to spend some quality knitting time with Tracy and see her lovely holiday decorations:


WEDNESDAY - Work was followed by...

This glorious sunset:


And my weekly Zoom session with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work is nearly done for the week.  If you look closely at the sunset photo below, you may notice the flashing lights along the access road.  Rescue workers had been called to an office building around the corner:


FRIDAY - Work and a different sunset view than normal.  I just wanted OUT and didn't stop for a photo until I was a third of the way home:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. You only have a week or so left in the holiday retail season - you can do this, Joy! Those hand warmers are a neat gift - what do you stuff them with? Keep looking for those beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand warmers - what a clever idea for a gift! Keep on enjoying the beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some groceries this week and it was H.LL! So I told the boys that we are NOT getting any more food until January third, lol. Crowds! Oh! My! Candy Canes! I love your hand warmers. What did you used to stuff them? Try to stay sane. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cut yourself some slack and know you can finish a quilt later on in Jan when life slows down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you fill your hand warmers with

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crazy retail season will end soon - I think the saying is "Keep the goal in sight." I love the quilt you made for Tracy - nice improv. I hope this week goes well for you and before long, you'll have more time to work on those great hobbies again. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.