Saturday, December 30, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 52

Welcome to Week 52 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week is the final of Angela's challenge for the year.  Only one day remains in 2023.  My RSC year didn't pan out the way I planned, but I still got a LOT of scrap sewing done and I really appreciate the encouragement of the participants!

Here's how this week progressed...

SUNDAY - Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

The day started with a Zoom session with my artsy friends at Get Messy.  I worked on this winter-themed pocket page in one of my journals to preserve the adorable bag that DS2 brought home from work yesterday:


After lunch and a trip to the grocery store, I enjoyed my weekly Zoom with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate!  It was a low-key affair at our house.  We cooked a Christmas Beast, had some cheese and crackers, and opened some gifts.  When all that was done, we ate some dessert and the day was done.


Back to work...  The 3-day weekend went by WAY too fast!!

I neglected to show you the gorgeous card I got from Linda @ Art in Search:


I feel SEW honored to be on her Christmas list and sincerely appreciate the works of art she shares.  Thank you SEW very much, Linda!!

WEDNESDAY - Best of 2023

Work

Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color has been postponed, as I was scheduled to work until 6PM again this week.  :o((

But...

Look at the special surprise that I got in the mail from her today:


Thank you for the beautiful personalized artwork, LeeAnna!!!

THURSDAY - Work was followed by more of a residual sunset than last week even though it was still late when I was leaving:


Then I was off to my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee:


Britt and I exchanged junk journals...


I feel like I'm the one who made out on the deal!

FRIDAY - ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge - Check out the link to see what Knittingsuek got last night.

Work and I got to leave BEFORE 6PM!!!  :o))

I've got MORE good news...

I hit the grocery store MUCH earlier than planned and managed to meet up with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for a late afternoon Zoom session:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I played with a rainbow of scraps this week - well, technically last weekend:


Check out yesterday's entry to see what I did with them.  Please note, if any portion of this post seems incomplete, it's probably because I ran out of time before needing to leave for today's Mini Retreat.  My apologies, if that's the case.  I just didn't want to miss linking up.

Thank you, Angela, for THE BEST Link Party on the internet!!!

I also did a bit of rainbow art this week:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

5 comments:

  1. I think we all get kind of excited to begin a new year. Exchanging junk journals for that new year is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy but fun week. hope you have a fun time at the retreat today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a good week! HappyNewYear~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a busy week! Hope you had a fun mini retreat today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.