Saturday, December 9, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 49

Welcome to Week 49 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Our hostess, Angela, reserved December for quilting and finishing our projects.  That left a hole in the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge, as far as a Color of the Month goes.  I chose RAINBOW!  Those of you who know me probably aren't surprised.  This month's letters are S, H and/or E.  I've got an idea or three, but haven't settled on my fabrics yet.  All in good time.

Here's how this week rolled along...

SUNDAY - It was a day of ALL THE THINGS.

Zoom with my Get Messy friends and do a little bit of art...

Nail art, that is:


Zoom with Knittingsuek:


Capture a construction update photo.  They have been working on the utilities:


Finish the final coats on the other hand:


And...

Finish out the day with a little bit of sewing:


MONDAY - I am pleased to report that I slept 7 hours straight last night and then I slept another hour after that.  Bliss!!!

It was a lucky thing that I was so well rested, as it was a crazy-busy day at work today!  I didn't eat lunch until after 1 PM.  That is QUITE the rarity in my world.  For my efforts, I was rewarded with this incredible sunset on the way home:


TUESDAY - The holiday hubbub is in full swing.  Crazy busy and then the universe throws an unkind customer into the mix.  It was a hard day at the office.  :o((

 All was well with the world when I walked out to see this sunset at the end of the day complete with the remnants of a clear blue sky:


WEDNESDAY - Not quite so crazed at work today.  I capture a photo of the setting sun's progression toward the horizon line...


And...

I headed home to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Today was a rather slow day a work.  I went for a walk and did some art after dinner, but this sunset photo on the way home was the only photo fit for sharing:


FRIDAY - How can a day be full and slow at the same time?  Well, today was that day!  There were fits of phone calls with extended bouts of boredom between.  By the end of the day, it felt like the LONGEST DAY EVER!!!

It was colder in the office that normal, but my coworker and I combatted the cold with my hand knits:


I knit the purple mitts years ago and rarely wore them.  They now belong to my coworker and she is thrilled!!

I all but missed the sunset tonight...


As I went shopping for some holiday gifts after work:


After dinner, I visited with my Get Messy art friends, and watched Day 1 of Care December from Kasia Avery @ Everything Art.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'm going to try to visit everyone this afternoon, but if I get stuck in the studio, I'll stop by tomorrow.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when something you made is actually in use by someone? Cute purple mitts. Holiday hubub is exactly what it is here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are so fun! Hopefully, they can make you smile after a negative interaction with a customer. Glad there's art, friends, and pretty sunsets in your world, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are working on something 'fun' in the sewing studio this afternoon. I'm about to head into mine and see about pinning a quilt for quilting. Love the nails and the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything ramps up in Dec--it does get busy. Sorry for the miserable customers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to see such a range of sunsets during one week. LeeAnna may not be afraid of color, but nor are you. Great nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sunsets and I love your fun nails. Nice to see those gloves going to good use, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of neat and fun stuff in your week, Joy. Thanks for sharing your photos too...love to see happy faces. Sorry about the not so nice customer...they do exist sadly, and why so cold in the office?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.