Monday, June 12, 2023

Mail Call Monday - Say What?! Prize Patrol - L.O.N.G. Overdue!!!

Welcome to another edition of Mail Call Monday!!  It's been quite a while since the last post in this series.  This one is of the outgoing variety.  As the title indicated, it was a Prize Patrol shipment.  Prize Patrol???  What???

Make that Say What...

The Say What?! Blog Hop, that is.

Don't you just hate it when something COMPLETELY falls off your mental radar?!?!

Thank goodness I was checking through my calendar a couple of weeks ago looking for a late-April date!  I spotted a name and address when suddenly memories came flooding back to me.  That DOES explain the small collection of fabrics I found on the end of the ironing board.

You know the one???

The stack of fabrics that has been there so long that you don't even recall what they were for!!  Well, that happened to me the day after Memorial Day.

Here's the fabric:


Once I was reminded what the fabric scraps were for, I got right to work making...

These strip sets:


Those turned into a pair of Pinwheel blocks:


What did you do with the Pinwheels, Joyful???

Well, I decided to pair them with plain squares, stitched them together, and layered them up for quilting:


THIS is what it morphed into:


Here is the completed Quilted Thread Catcher:


It was quite a challenge...


To get a very good photo in the evening light:



The PRIZE DRAWING winner was...

Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing!  She has received her purple and teal quilted thread catcher so I can share it with you.  Thankfully, she is thrilled with it!  I was a bit worried that she might not like the shades I chose.  ("Purple people" can be funny about things like that, you know.)

Congratulations again, Kathleen!

Until next time...
Color me SEW embarrassed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that a very pretty thread catcher! Nice creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a very pretty thread catcher. Lucky Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny about purple people...I am not fussy at all and love the teals in it...another of my faves. Thanks again for a wonderful thread catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it may be overdue, but it's adorable and well worth waiting for. Lucky Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.