Saturday, June 17, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 24

Welcome to Week 24 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  The plan for this week was to have a good mix of sewing and art-ing.

Let's see how that worked out...


Zooming with Knittingsuek started my week off right:



Work was followed by laundry and blogging.  Finishing today's post then went upstairs to the studio.

Quilting???  Art-ing??  What will it be?

First, I prepped something Light GREEN and Light BLUE for quilting and chose these two threads...


And then I did some Light GREEN watercolor painting in my Altered Book Journal.  These Funky Florals were from a Workshop Week 2023 class with Megan Wells:


TUESDAY - Work was followed by the last of the laundry and finishing up the last two "cards" from the Index Card a Day Challenge.  There some Light BLUE acrylic paint hiding in this moonlit night sky:


WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

Today was my day off and I took full advantage of the time!  Below, you will notice another try at Light GREEN and Light BLUE watercolor in my Altered Book Journal along with my valiant attempt at the Drawing Drop Caps class from Workshop Week:


I did take a break in the classes this afternoon long enough to meet for my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work and a couple of art classes online.  Portraiture Basics by @pbandjillian was amazing!  While I probably should have chosen a mechanical pencil instead of a plain old No. 2 pencil...


I think the likeness is pretty amazing:


Then...

I was back for more Light GREEN watercolor painting, but no sewing:


FRIDAY
 - Work was followed by more art-ing.  Sewing couldn't get a stitch in edgewise this week!  Today's effort was a mash-up of Day 17's ICAD prompt and @juliemariottart's Sunflower Acrylic Painting from Workshop Week 2023.  I'm pretty sure she didn't mean for it to be done in acrylic marker on paper the size of an index card, but that's what worked for me:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

11 comments:

  1. what a fun busy week you e had, a walk on the beach would be nice we e had tornado treating weather here,have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun week of art and crafting! I like that you color coordinate your outfits for zoom according to the RSC monthly prompt...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your self-portrait is amazing! Love seeing your other paintings, too. The sunflower is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed too, that you and LeeAnna coordinated your shirt colors! Now, that’s dedication! LOL! Your art-ing continues to delight and inspire me! Great self portrait, and I’m kinda partial to the Wednesday entry! ?? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to read your amazing busy creative week. What pretty features you have Joy, but it is your smile that shines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that oranges painting! What a fun creative week you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun arty stuff this week. I love those flower pages and your superstitious kitty is really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very intrigued by the idea of an altered book journal. I think I may need to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. excellent portrait! I think a #2 is better for sketch than mechanical. Softer lead is best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of fun artsy stuff this week. Portraits are hard an you did a great job getting going. Love the watercolors, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.