Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sew Some Love Sunday - H2H 2023 - Quilt Link Up

Welcome to the 2023 edition of the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge Link-Up!!  Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict is the mastermind behind the event.  I signed up, as I have the last 5 years.  Today is the day that participating quilters are supposed to share their completed quilts.  How many of you readers believe that is what will happen here??  If you guessed yes...

Well...

Not exactly!  When I went to join the Link Party, I realized that it was LAST WEEK and the link-up was already CLOSED!!  :o((

Shall I tell my tale, anyway???

OK.  This is the quilt top that I plucked out of my UFO drawer:


For the record, here is a closer look at the fabric:










Lots of memories in this one!  Of course, there's a story that accompanies many of them and with the quilt top itself, as well.  Any number of gifts, donations, and challenges in the mix.  If the stars had aligned, it would have been ready to donate at last month's Quilt Guild meeting.

Unfortunately...

Two things thwarted that plan.  An extended trip to Florida in the middle of the month and the fact that my longarm is holding another quilt hostage:


That one will be given to a Hometown Hero.  It will serve as a comfort quilt for a local traumatized teacher.  Additional photos will be provide when that quilt is complete.

For the purposes of H2H 2023, the Back Front Quilt has been given to another longarmer to be quilted.  (Special thanks to Stacy @ Over the Moon Quilts for taking on the quilting of my donation!)  This was the night I handed it over:


Stacy will be using a guild-provided backing and batting for the quilt and returning it to me for binding.  My apologies for the delay, Sarah!  The local Crisis Center needs quilts throughout the year and the Guild will happily accept it whenever it is completed.  That doesn't do much for this year's H2H totals even though it was my intention for them to be included.  I'll try to do better next year.

Until next time...
Quilt to GIVE!!!

6 comments:

  1. That's a pretty quilt design, Joy - lots of fun color! I don't think it matters when your quilt is completed and donated - it just matters that someone is going to get some comfort from it. It will be a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes deadlines push us to the finish line. Sometimes deadlines slip by unintentionally. Doesn't matter in this case because someone is going to benefit from the love & thoughtfulness when they receive this fun & interesting quilt. Bet they enjoy looking at the fabrics and wondering how they fit in the maker's life! Great (quilt community) job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can still link up, see her June 4th post as she extended the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your machine is holding another quilt hostage - Okay!! I love that and of course, laughed out loud at that!!
    Glad your teamwork will get another quilt loved and off to the right spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your donation quilt will be much appreciated whenever it is finished! Isn't it fun to revisit all those fabrics when you make a scrappy quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.