Saturday, June 10, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 23

Welcome to Week 23 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, we're going to start off with a flashback to last Saturday and the reason that I didn't visit the RSC Quilters until later in the link party...

First on the day's agenda was a quilt delivery.  You can read more about that HERE:


Next, I attended my Monthly Quilt Bee meeting:


It was SEW good to see these quilting friends:


Afterwards, Britt and I enjoyed an ARTventure combining paper with Light GREEN and Light BLUE fabric scraps in honor of this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


With the events of last Saturday out of the way, let the new week begin...


Zooming with Knittingsuek is a great way to start off any week:


MONDAY - Work was followed by a trip to the grocery store and working on the cover "card" for my Index-Card-a-Day Challenge (ICAD) Journal that I painted over the weekend.  I don't want 61 index cards floating around my studio so I mapped out 61 "cards" (approx. 4" x 5.5") in a spiral bound watercolor notebook:


TUESDAY - Work was followed by a trip to the pharmacy.  Once I got home, a single Light GREEN fabric strap was used to create a stripe for the "card" shown below:


WEDNESDAY - Work...

Was followed by my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


After dinner, I brought out a rainbow of paint colors for a lesson with @consie_atopserenityhill in the FREE Virtual Art Summit hosted by Color Crush Creative:


THURSDAY - Even though I wasn't scheduled to work, my Weekly Quilt Bee met without me today.  I got lost in the studio and wasn't found until it was too late to make it to the meeting.  Sorry, Ruthie!  :o((

I was busy fussy cutting a scrap of Light BLUE fabric to meet the Butterfly prompt for ICAD and using some Light GREEN paint to embellish my interpretation of the Magenta or Fuchsia prompt.  The doodling was an afterthought, but I'm glad that I went the extra step:


FRIDAY - Design Floor Friday

I was pleased to be able to attend Knit Group this morning:


Did you notice the rose colored bag in the middle of the table behind me???

It was filled with sock yarn!!!  I brought it to share with the group.  Thank you for thinking of me, Marsha and my knitting friends thank you, too!  Everyone went home with something and the bag with the dregs went home with Linda.  What a fun day!  :o))

Afterwards, I went back to chasing the rainbow....


This little accordion journal was constructed of Wednesday's painted drywall tape and index cards:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I did something a bit different with my Light GREEN and Light BLUE scraps:


It was SEW much fun!!  I'm looking forward to trimming up the paper you see and binding it into the fabric cover to create a(nother) new journal.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. You are a Renaissance woman with all that you do and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun week! Congratulations on the t-shirt quilt finish. I like your rainbow paintings, too - it seems some of us are always chasing the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the TH fuscia prompt! Nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your postcards are really cute. I can't pick a favorite, they are all nicely done. Hope this week is as productive and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it was fun. I can see it in your smile and your bright blue outfit matching the RSC color of the month. Your painted nails are back too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really did have a fun week! I hope the smoke wasn’t too bad where you are! That’s a good idea to make index card sized artwork! They will stay all together and handy for whatever! You do make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.