Saturday, June 24, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 25

Welcome to Week 25 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This was an art-filled week with a side of fabric scraps.  A two-week art course was coming to an end, but I did stick fairly closely to the RSC Color(s) of the Month.

Let's have a look at the Light BLUE and Light GREEN goodness...

Starting with this painting from last Saturday night.  I mixed the colors myself.  This is my first scene made with gouache paint - a sort of cross between watercolor and acrylic:


SUNDAY - Zooming with Knittingsuek started off my week:


MONDAY - This evening was Quilt Guild and we enjoyed a very special Juneteenth presentation by members of the (AAQC) African American Quilt Circle:


TUESDAY - After work, I watched another video from the Virtual Art Summit and tried my hand at another watercolor technique in my Altered Book Journal:


WEDNESDAY - Once I was done with work today, I made a quick stop at the grocery store and made it home in time for my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Another work day was followed by layers of Light BLUE paint added to another Virtual Art Summit class project:


FRIDAY - Knit Group didn't meet this morning.  Too many thunderstorms in the forecast!  I couldn't have gone anyway, as I was scheduled to work.  Afterwards, I re-watched the last two class that I was interested in and added the trees to my sewn-paper collage from another of the lessons:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'll be along later, as I'm moving in slow motion today.

The photo below shows SEVEN POUNDS of fabric scraps waiting at the studio door:


RSC Quilters, please notice the Light GREEN and Light BLUE scrap near the top of each container.  also note, the instructor suggested we bring just 2 lbs. of fabric, but the one little bag didn't seem like enough to me!  :P

The scraps (and my sewing machine) were supposed to be taking a trip to Chapel Hill this morning.  I'm not feeling well this morning.  A sinus infection came on full blast during the last 24 hours.  I felt sick enough last night that I canceled my spot in the Scrappy Workshop that I had been looking forward to participating in with the Quilt Guild.  :o((

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you finished your week on a sour note, especially since you were so well prepared to tackle bonus scraps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sinus infection, ack... sorry to hear that
    your artwork is so pretty all pictured here
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, get well soon. So sorry that the infection interfered with your plans. I’ve really enjoyed seeing all of your art projects lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh - I really look forward to my social sewing - sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, that is too bad that you had to cancel the scrappy workshop. Looks like you were well prepared for it! Hope you feel better soon, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you shake that sinus infection quickly. I’ve caught a summer cold. It always seems such a waste to be sick during the summer instead of out enjoying the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh!!! I'm sorry you missed your workshop. Hope you are feeling better at the end of this day. Drink some tea, get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better! I'm sorry you missed the workshop, but I bet those seven pounds of scraps make good company and a nice diversion. Sending healing vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you are under the weather. Wishing you speedy recovery. It's no fun to miss out on a workshop. But look at all the fun scraps!! Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you had to skip your scrappy workshop. Sinus infections are just not fun at all. Love your art journal pieces, all of them are looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems that you had such a busy week, and perhaps pushed yourself a little too hard, so that you succumbed to being sick. I'm very sorry! A sinus infection can be so miserable. When we lived in Iowa, I had them several times a year; since living in Florida for the past 11 years, I've had only one! Having enough humidity makes all the difference in the world. Love seeing your containers of "pounds" of fabric. I've never weighed fabric, but what you showed sure seems like a lot! I'm sorry you had to miss your Scrap Quilt workshop. That would surely have been a ton of fun, especially getting to see everyone else's scraps. Hopefully someone will give you the info you want/need to join-in on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure hope you begin feeling better soon. Sorry you had to cancel the workshop - I feel your pain. Take care! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! You must've not felt well if you had to cancel out on the workshop. Since this was a guild-related event, was there a notable instructor? Hope you're feeling better by now, Joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.