I posted about it in last Wednesday's entry of Week 2's progress report for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. If you will notice, I chose to make my sample block in Light/Bright GREEN, which is January's Color of the Month:
Making this block proved to be QUITE a process!
Here's how it all went down...
After cutting the required squares and rectangles from my fabric scraps, I began sewing the components...
... For creating the 4-Patch blocks:
It's too bad that I failed to remember the assembly instructions on the short trip from the computer to the sewing machine!!! :o((
I ripped and remade the components, then carefully laid out the pieces for creating my sample block:
Unfortunately, when I stitched those block parts together, things went horribly wrong...
Interesting, but NOT like the instructions indicate.
After engaging the assistance of my seam ripper and re-sewing, all was right with the world:
For such an EASY block, I had an awful lot of trouble getting it together! LOL!!
It was at this point that Julie chimed in with the following comment:
"I made the same mistake on my first stash buster block too. Sorry I didn't post a warning."
Ugh! Thanks a LOT, Julie!
"LOL!! No worries. If you sew, so shall you rip. It's just the way it goes sometimes."
And THAT is a universal truth when one is a quilter.
I really like this block. Even though it presented a challenge to my block production skills, I will try (at least) a few more. Stay tuned for a Stash Buster Challenge update in the coming weeks.
And, just so Kelly can feel a little better about her (accidental) tandem quilts, I'm linking up with her for
Until next time...
Bust that STASH!!!