Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wonderful Wednesday - November Sew/Craft Friend-zy

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week, I'm here to report on November's Sew/Craft Friend-zy.  

People came and went at various times, but...

Here are the highlights...

Tiffany was presented with her REAL 50th Birthday gift:


I modeled how to wear it as a shawl:


Carol worked on creating some gifts:


Lisa planned to start out the morning with an ornament project: 


Tiffany demonstrated use of the cutting machine:


Tiffany and I took a selfie with her new shawl-turned-scarf, so Lisa decided to photo-bomb the picture:


Denise came with ANOTHER new kit:


The Cuba bags are nearly done.  Tiffany finished the embroidery:


Denise is ready to start laying out blocks and bagging them up:


A couple of the crafters were working on making ornaments:


Kristen and her tablemates worked on scrapbooking:



There was also a production line for making Art Bowls:


Crafters, old...


... And young alike, worked on decorating the bowls:


Another crafter was responsible for shaping the bowls.  Over bowls.  Then the waiting begins:


Electronic stencil maker:



This is the sign above the coffee bar:


Someone forgot to pick up their stamped Halloween shirt:


Lisa is making progress:


Her next project will be these curling iron holders:


BEAUTIFUL, Denise!!  1 down, 19 to go:


With photos taken, I was ready to follow my sock's advise:


You KNEW that I wasn't REALLY done with photos, didn't you?!

Tiffany busied herself making circles:


The knitter in me HAD to have a picture of Denise's Wolkig Cowl that she started with yarn she bought at SAFF last week:


Her knitting style intrigued me:


Just LOOK at that super soft baby alpaca yarn and that gorgeous wooden yarn bowl:


The m&m station was set up behind my machine:


Carol completed a flat iron holder:



MORE circles for Tiffany's newest applique project:


Lisa prepares binding...


... Using Tiffany's binding maker:


I've sewn the first seam on the last batch of blocks:


I pressed them with my new Steamfast Iron:


Carol completed her last two Flat Iron Holders:


Melinda showed up with a faux wolf pelt:


She's making pillows for one of her offspring:


Britt is working on completing the top of It's a Blooming Jungle:


Here she is, fitting the final pieces of this puzzle together:


Remind me never to sew with fake fur, please!!


It looks like Denise is getting close to having her blocks packaged:


Woo!!  Hoo!!  Block number 20 is in the bag:


Britt's B9P is a completed top:


Super soft shirt brand:


Lisa is making another Iron Caddy:


MORE circles for Tiffany's applique project:


Britt auditioned border sizes...


While I got artsy with my photography:


Busted!!!  As I was getting the artsy shot, Britt captured me:


All of my 9-Patches are pressed:


Lisa is cutting binding, Britt is cutting borders, and Denise is starting the cutting for a new project:


Here is the stack of my completed blocks:


This is our next project, as several of us have the pattern:


The artist is on to another project:


I need to look for this book in my quilt library at home:


Lisa finished the Iron Caddy that she was working on:


I moved on to assembling a portion of my B9P quilt:


Britt's first Blooming 9-Patch is complete, including an added border:


Carol is working on the layout for her son's quilt:


This is my favorite block:


Here are the FOUR Flat Iron Holders that Lisa made today:


Almost ALL of the circles are prepared:


My last round of 9-Patches have been added to the row ends:


Tiffany can begin to work on the remaining applique blocks:


This is the border that will be added later:


Thank you to St. Andrews UMC in Raleigh for hosting this event.

Until next time...
Quilt til you wilt!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to look for that Shakespeare pattern! Maybe we can have a QAL ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a busy and creative group. Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much to comment on! I love the shawl/scarf you made for Tiffany! Happy birthday to her! Denise's kit looks pretty interesting. I'd like to see more of that. Is a Cuba bag a tote bag? I've never heard it called that. That faux wolf pelt 😍 Love you gals' B9Ps! Everyone was SO productive! I was getting dizzy scrolling back and forth!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks like a fun group. I especially love the M&M area.. that would be dangerous! I have both of those Judy Martin books.... =) I have yet to make a shakespeare's in the park quilt.. but it is on the bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you continued with more photos because I was really enjoy your group with all their fun projects. I should get my Shakespeare in the Park out and quilt it while watching you make yours. The B9P quilts are gorgeous. Congrats to all. Love your projects. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun group this seems to be! Lots of smiles and creativity and beautiful projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun group. It looks like you all got a lot done. I love the Blooming Nine Patches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.