Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sew Some Love Sunday - Charity Update

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  This week, I'm here for two purposes.  I want to share two new things with you.  Well, one new and one nearly finished...

Where shall I begin?

Let's start with the new.  Mari at The Academic Quilter shared a new-to-me charity.  As you know, I like to pass these along to YOU.  Everyone has their own "thing" that speaks to them.



Bernie at Needle and Foot is heading up a quilt drive for her friend Patty, a nurse at Mercy Hospital in Sacramento, California.
If Mercyful Quilts speaks to you, by all means, make a quilt or two or ten for them!  It's another palliative care program for dying patients and their families, like Covered in Love, but in another area of the country.

Continuing with the nearly done...

I quilted this week.  Twice!  It took that long to get back into the groove of quilting on the longarm.  Plus, the first night, the machine was giving me fits.  Thread breaking right, left, and center.  I struggled through the ENTIRE first row before giving up.

On the second night, I changed threads and it was fairly smooth sailing from there.  Whew!  I forget that I either need to change needles or change thread when the machine gives me trouble.  I'm incredibly stubborn that way.  LOL!

Anyway...

Success came at the end of the second evening.  Here is the Donation Quilt that I am hoping to turn in at Quilt Guild on Monday night:



This is the Magical Mystery from Libby at Hillside Quilter.  I taught the Mystery at CCLQ @ The Bluff Quilt Retreat in September.  The top has been waiting on the longarm since October.  I (finally) decided that it was time to move it along!

Next up, decide on the "right" binding for the quilt.  If you look closely, you can see the 3 options that I auditioned:




Soon.  I will have it finished very soon.  It's on my Autumn 2018 (Ravelry) UFO Club project list, too!

:o))

Until next time...
Sew Some Love!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting it quilted. Hopefully the binding will go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see your Magical Mystery finished! I'm sure you reported, but I don't remember how the retreat group did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so pretty all quilted up! I do love that pattern and wish I had joined the QAL. I'll just have to enjoy yours :)

    I'm sending a couple of quilts along to Bernie. The idea of a quilt comforting a grieving family really speaks to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.