Thursday, September 13, 2018

Wonderful Wednesday - DOQ Donation Quilt Workshop

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  On Thursday, of course!!  This post will highlight the fun I had over the weekend (a couple of weekends ago.) . I'm running a bit behind.

@ The DOQ Donation Quilt Workshop...

Members of all three parts of my Quilt Bee (morning, evening, and weekend groups within the family) came together to make charity quilts for our local Quilt Guild to distribute to those in need.

Sarah shared her quilt:



Inspired by a photo she took of my quilt:


Here's a close-up:


Her quilt doesn't actually wrinkle, as depicted in this photo:


Karen attends the once monthly evening bee:


Britt (my partner in quilting) currently belongs to all three sections of the Bee:


Joanna attends the weekly morning section of the Bee:


Dee Dee does the morning group, along with the weekend one:


This is an example of the quilt she worked on:


Here is the donation quilt that I want to try next:


A fellow Guild member returned this Patriotic strippy quilt:


Britt worked on bringing her Quilt of Valor up to size:


I chose a kit for after I finish my current Donation Quilt:


Scouted out an alternate backing fabric:


Patti is an occasional attendee of the evening group who brought this completed Bug Jar top to quilt at the Workshop:


The winner of my alternate quilt backing competition:


These cheerful fabrics...


... Knocked this kit out of the running for Britt's next donation:


Sarah worked on that incredible Strippy Quilt that I want to make:


Britt decided to make more String Block for her QOV borders:


Karen finished assembling her to and started on her pieced backing:


The Fabric Fairy visited while I was away from my machine:


I applied (a replacement) binding to my current Team Donation:


Joanna began assembling her quilt top:


With binding applied, I began stitching it down:


Dee Dee got her adorable quilt top together:


Remarkably, Patti DID quilt her Bug Jar:


And... I left with a completed quilt:


@ The Burlington Car Show/Cruise-In...

I took a random photo to show just how many cars were there:


A photo of a funky car in last month's Color of the Month:


That's our Bug with the For Sale signs, if you are interested:


There was a hard top twin in attendance:


This may be the color of the "new" car we just bought:


Have you ever seen a PINK Monster Truck before?!?!  Look:


Anchor Point Customs didn't make this knife handle, but it's BLUE for September's Color of the Month:


The sun went down on a gorgeous day:


Until next time...
Weekends are WONDERFUL!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great inspiration from all of those quilters! I hope you don't get too much rain and wind from Florence. Thinking about you ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of creativity in that room along with some very fun quilts. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you want to make that strippy quilt next! That's a neat one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.