Saturday, September 15, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 37

Welcome to Week 37 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Angela, our hostess, assigned DARK BLUE for September's Color of the Month.  I painted my nails to match and grabbed a bag of scraps to work on that incorporated the color:



Some weeks are more productive than others.  Here's how this one panned out...

SUNDAY - Found that Cynthia at Quilting is More fun than Housework is hosting:


Quilting is more fun than Housework

Time to start digging through and sorting out items to offer!!  Hmm... What will it be THIS time around???

MONDAY - Since it's dark BLUE month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I thought I'd share the beautiful table mat from Chantel of At the Corner of Scraps and Quilts that I get to enjoy daily:



There's a hurricane barreling down on our area.  It's not due until Thursday night into Friday morning, yet they've already canceled classes for surrounding universities beginning Wednesday afternoon.  Everyone is in one of two modes... preparation or denial.  Many of my readers will be affected.  Stay safe, everyone!!

TUESDAY - Week TWO of the Quilters Meet and Greet.  Here's a LINK to my post, in case you missed it last week.

Tonight was Girls Night Out.  Someone else got the BLUE memo:



WEDNESDAY - If you missed the release of the fabric requirements for Alycia's A8 Mosaic Mystery Quilt last week, head over now!!  (Note: She has since posted Clue #1.)  Her Mysteries are always well written and fast to make.  My own A6 is hiding out under the longarm machine waiting for quilting.  Here's hoping that A8 will be able to join it in 6 weeks or so!

In the meantime, I stopped by DeeDee's house, at her request.  She is clearing out a BIG bunch of fabric from her studio.  Others have already taken a number of yards.  Here is my haul:

Photo Currently Unavailable!!

Here is a HUGE thank you for your generous gift, DeeDee!!!  I looked through and feel like I've won the lottery.  I've already put a portion of the fabric to work.  (Unspecified) Cabin gifts for Into the Wool Retreat.  Here's hoping my cabinmates like them!

THURSDAY - Cynthia posted the Fall 2018 Quilty Orphan Adoption event.  It's open now through September 15th.  Decide on an orphan now and you'll still have time to participate!!

FRIDAY - A quick search came up with ?? items for Cynthia's Quilty Orphan Adoption event.  Read about that HERE.  That is IF the hurricane isn't/wasn't causing trouble for our internet!!

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over at So Scrappy.  She hosts the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Go see all the dark BLUE (or dark neutral) projects on the go.

This project is draped across the longarm quilting machine.  All it needs is binding, but I have a special application planned.  It incorporates several darker shades of BLUE:



If we have power, in the wake of Hurricane Florence, I will be visiting the other RSC Quilters later today.  If not, I'll be here twiddling my thumbs.  :P

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are able to have the internet and power on today! Stay safe... the only sewing I see in my future today is a pillowcase for a little girls birthday gift. Maybe I'll take the night off and shut the door and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your rain and wind are mild. Also hope you keep power. Stay safe! ~Jeannne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Internet or not, I hope that you and your family, are safe. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you, your loved ones, and friends will all be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your blue scraps, I had to check out the mystery and orphan quilt links, thanks for those links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you as the rivers rise and all that flooding is making a mess of things. Hope you are dry and well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like another full week. Hopefully you kept power during the storm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.