Saturday, September 8, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 36

Welcome to Week 36 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  The festivities of last weekend are in the past.  The Labor Day holiday (US) is over and life is returning to "business as usual."

The week flowed by...

SUNDAY - The family brunch was delightful... Then the party moved to the bride's parent's temporary home.  We were gone.  All.  Day.  LONG!!!  It was good to be able to spend time with various family members who passed through during the afternoon and those those remaining enjoyed a low-effort dinner for 10.

MONDAY - Knit Group was followed by quilting with Needleb.  Afterwards, I spent some time with my family.  It was the BEST possible way to spend the holiday.

I worked on my IMPROV Challenge quilt.  Don't tell the Quilt Police that I used my ruler:



The expansion of the blocks is complete and now I wish I had stuck with the on-point setting.  Ugh!  Decisions are hard!!  :o((

I finished up my Scrap Attack Tuesday post and released it early, as I'm not fond of releasing more than one post on any given day.  There's another post in the works for tomorrow.

TUESDAY - Nothing much on the agenda for the day.  I did spend time helping out a friend.  She's on a deadline and needed reinforcements.  I was happy to be of assistance.

I released another edition of Tidy Up Tuesday.  Be sure to check out the post.  It's about Benita's Quilter's Meet & Greet. There are PRIZES involved.  One from her and one from ME!!!  I am humbled to have been included among so many of my favorite "big time" quilt bloggers.

WEDNESDAY - Another day, another few blog posts to catch up on.  Speaking of catching up...

Here is the LINK to this month's Squared Away Sampler tutorial.  If you haven't tried this block, you may want to do so.

THURSDAY - In some ways, this week pales in comparison to last week.  I'm grateful for the mundane tasks.

FRIDAY - Pizza Night!!  It was good to be back to our "old standard" place for Friday night tradition.  Before meeting my DH to head to dinner, I stopped by the local nail salon to switch my reserved French manicure for some Midnight (BLUE) Madness:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over at So Scrappy.  Head over to see all of the DARK BLUE projects the RSC Quilters have been working on this week.  I'll catch up later.  I'm on my way to meet Needleb.  We are off to a Sew Saturday event.  More on that in another post.  Suffice it to say, there will be additional progress on this (light and) DARK NEUTRAL project:



Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

11 comments:

  1. Another whirlwind week! Hope you enjoy your Sew Saturday event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blue nails to go with this week Scrappy Rainbow color! You are rockin' it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue nails, too! Do you keep the folks at your nail place guessing about what color you'll choose each month?! :) Have fun on your Sew Saturday outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dark blue HSTs behind the fabulous nails. Enjoy some sewing while you can. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooove your nails and the matching patchwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your blooming 9 patch is coming along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nail color and the neutrals project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad we'll get to see a lot more of your Blooming 9P here during dark neutrals month :0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there - thx for the comments on my blog! I have lots of time to piece/quilt as my honey is an avid golfer and gone a lot! I LOVE your midnight blue polish! (dreamsoaps@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.