Friday, September 14, 2018

Design Floor Friday - Quilty Orphan Edition

Welcome to a long overdue edition of Design Floor Friday!!  I'm actually not planning a quilt.  I'm planning to get rid of some quilting items.  Well, I was...

You see, Cynthia is hosting her Fall 2018 Quilty Orphan Adoption event over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.  I went upstairs with the intention of gathering entrants, but found that I just didn't have it in me.

Hurricane Florence is just 30 miles away, having reared her ugly head in Raleigh about an hour ago.  (2 PM EDT, as reported by DS1, who lives over there.)  I couldn't concentrate on my intended task.

SEW...

I turned to a bit of cleaning by putting away some DARK NEUTRAL thread (along with some other cones) that my friend Sfgwife gave me a few weeks ago.  They've been rolling around the back of the car and I figured now was as good a time as any to put THESE away:



In the cleaning, I came upon a block that was only partially laid out.  Onto the (design) floor it went.  The baggie of pieces and parts were located and I quickly completed the design:


Pretty, huh?

Bonus points for working in dark BLUE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  :o))

Until next time...
Quilts happen!!!


4 comments:

  1. I've been watching the weather all day. Looks like we might get a bit of rain here, more over the mountains between NC/TN. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousins live in Raleigh, and they are hard at work pumping out their basement. We're hoping that's the worst of it! Hoping your DS is doing OK there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to everyone in the wake of the storm. Hopefully by now the worst is over. Though none of it will be easy, perhaps folks will know soon how they fared.
    Your blue block is very pretty and would make a great pillow or bag if it's an orphan. Can't have too many of either, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty block. And good for you that you got some clean up time worked in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.