Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fall 2015 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The List

Sign-ups for the FALL 2015 UFO Club are now OPEN.. Any interested quilters with 5 (or more) UFOs are required to sign up by Midnight (EST) on October 7, 2015. All qualifying UFOs must be completed and posted to this discussion thread by Midnight (EST) on December 31, 2015.

There are 26 quilters signed up to work on their quilting UFOs during the next three months.  Everyone is asked to list out the projects and show photos of what they will be working on, so... that includes me, too. Below, you will find my goals, as well as my "pie in the sky" list, for the Fall 2015 UFO Club.  Wish me luck!!

I plan to focus on the following quilts:

Art Bee Slice Swap - I've combined this with DOQ's Paint Chip Challenge and that is due on October 19th.  The race is on!!!

QE2 Goodbye Quilt - My quilting friends in New Jersey gave me the blocks when I moved away. We've been in North Carolina for 15 YEARS... it's time to get this DONE!!! 

My reasoning for having multiple other projects listed is this:

Sometimes I just don't feel like working on one of my "short list" projects, so I give myself options... options that are still on my UFO List for the session!!  That way, no matter WHAT gets finished, I get credit toward my quarterly Club goals.  :o))

Here is my TOP TEN list for this quarter:

2 "C" Quilts:

1. Calico Ric Rac

This top has proven a challenge.  Needs borders... but WHAT???

2. Circle of Friends

I've got a plan for the borders... just have to execute the plan.

3 Mystery Quilts:

3. The Margaret Mystery

I've got to make the pieced borders.

4. The Tiffany Mystery

This project has been sitting in a basket on the bookcase shelf for MORE THAN 10 YEARS!!

5. The Bonnie (Hunter) Mystery - GIMQ 2014

~ 48" x 63"


3 Swap Quilts:

6. Snow Star Swap

This projects has been sitting on a shelf in the closet for 9 YEARS!

7. Ravelry Red Swap

Swapped AT LEAST 5 years ago... and STILL not a quilt top!  :o((

8. Art Bee Slice Swap

Blocks were swapped at the December 2014 meeting, but these stragglers were traded in January 2015.

2 Other Quilts:

9. Where's Jackson?

At home
How many years CAN a dog sit on a sewing table?  Only time will tell...

10. QE2 Goodbye Quilt

2015 is the year to complete this quilt... I've been in NC nearly 15 years!

I feel that I'm showing such restraint with the quarter's list.  ONLY 10 items posted (even though there are MANY more UFOs hiding in my sewing room!)  Realistically, I don't know how many (if ANY) of these I will be able to finish.  I've got an upcoming commission meeting and may have TWO new quilts to focus on.  The meeting is today so we'll see what happens.

Until next time...
Happy Finishing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are funny - 15 YEARS for your goodbye quilt - that really is a long goodbye! Hang on, isn't that a film? Pretty sure it's not about quilting though...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.