Saturday, December 31, 2022

Scrap Happy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 52

Welcome to Week 52 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week ended up being another week off work.  I took full advantage of it by writing up all of my year end blog posts.  If you're new here, don't worry!  I don't normally post so many times in a single week.


Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!  I am enjoying the card from Linda @ Art in Search that came in yesterday's mail:


The day started with a Christmas Zoom with Knittingsuek:


This is the final spread in my Care December journal:


It was supposed to be a mood board for 2023, but I was still in the mood for holiday decorations!  :o))

MONDAY - Best of 2022

I was in blog post writing mode, including the year-end and new year planning posts for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  As such, I thought I'd share some rainbow scrappy goodness.  Note, you MIGHT see the following photo again later this week:


TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday - A Gift for You

This morning, I met with my friend Tracy at our favorite coffee shop:


During "Coffee and Collage" my "mood board" need more glue:


WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday - RSC Year in Review

Care to join me in a happy dance?  This morning we (finally) SOLD the bunk beds:

$ $ $   :o))

Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Tonight's big adventure was to head out to my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee,

BUT...

It was canceled due to Covid!!!  :o((

Three of our regular attendees tested positive over the weekend and one more is still recovering...


And then three others ended up meeting for a quilter's therapy session after all!


Knit Group LIVE @ Beth's new house:


Two friends came bearing gifts.  Thank you to Hilary and Linda!  I got a SEWciopath T-shirt and darling little hand knit brown bird:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I've been art-ing more than sewing this week.  Here's a look at a recent journal page:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

12 comments:

  1. I love the Monday picture! So many scraps; so many projects! Happy New Year! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your friends tested positive, keeping them away from the fun gathering. My walking buddy had the same thing happen, so we're not getting together for awhile. Fun to see how you filled your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy week even if you weren't working. Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a mostly fun holiday week. Friends, Coffee, Collages, Scraps, and some 'downsizing'!! Who can argue with that!!! Bring on 2023 with all that it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun week full of friends and laughter. Always sad to see that COVID isn't over yet. Glad you are well though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that you were finally able to meet with your bee. Love the T-Shirt!!! Very appropriate for a whole mess of us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancelled due to Covid! I am sorry to hear it, and very tired of hearing that phrase in many contexts. Maybe we'll finally kick it in 2023. Love the T-shirt and bird! A very happy 2023 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I certainly did not expect to see my card on a blog today. I am so glad you like it. Painting 110 of them was a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun week you had with no work! Looks like you are feeling a lot better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year, Joy! Can't wait to see where your creativity take you in 2023. Bummer that an the "C" word is still reaking havock on your fun. Woohoo for selling the bunk beds. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! Your journal pages look so good. I have a friend who does the "junk journals" with such artist flair. Along with quilting it's really her personal therapy since her husband died suddenly a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.