Saturday, December 24, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 51

Welcome to Week 51 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week spent taking it easy.  Sewing and art-ing, as I was able.  Most of the sewing you will have to wait a while longer to see.  Sorry about that, but the December 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge will be here before you know it.

SUNDAY - I started the week with some art-ing...


While waiting for time to Zoom with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Played with some paper cutting.  Snowflake style:


TUESDAY - Two more pages in my Care December journal:


Tonight, I selected, folded and glued up my "traveler's notebook" journal for Junk Journal January:


WEDNESDAY - I planned to go get my Christmas box from work today... After finishing today's spread for Care December:

Intentional Social Media was the prompt and we were encouraged to do some intuitive art.
For me, that often means using a portion of a photo to complete a scene.

Plans changed when I saw a car drive up while making my lunch.  My boss brought it to me with a get well card signed by everyone.  So sweet!!!

Since I wasn't at work, I enjoyed an early afternoon Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color...


(Because my phone wasn't accepting calls) My Zoom with LeeAnn was followed by an impromptu Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


THURSDAY - Chore day.  A bit of cleaning and I don't know how many loads of laundry, but that's a job I don't mind.  Art-ing between switching out loads,this time, in my tab bound index card journal that I'm using for the December 5 Minute Art Challenge:


FRIDAY - How can it be Friday already?!?!  It's baking day, as I have an errands to run tomorrow and DS1 arrives after dinner tonight.


But, WAIT!!!

This happened instead:


(A dusting of) SNOW on the neighbor's roof and NO POWER!!!


Yes, I am wearing all the wool things INSIDE the house!!!  That didn't stop me from doing a little bit painting:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  They may be more forthcoming with the projects they've been working on.  For me, I can only show the following...

A rainbow of scraps that remain:


Until next time...
Be SEW scrappy!!

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've been under the weather this week, and I'm sorry to hear that, Joy! Hope you're back to normal for the holiday weekend. That rainbow of scraps looks so fun - looking forward to seeing what you do with them! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no - no power I hear so many are without with this winter storm that has hit so many of us - we are getting back to normal today with a high of 30 - much better than the 11 it was yesterday. Hope you have a good Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that Covid is now behind you. The current weather is miserable enough without illness and no power. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet your boss was to bring you the card. Good to see you're getting better. Yowza! A dusting of snow took out the power?!? Hope it's back by now even if you do look adorable in your wool! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It's no fun to be sick but even more when guests are coming. We had a power outage too on Friday. Hope all is well now. Have a lovely time with the family and friends. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOpe you are feeling better-Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you really are feeling better, Joy! You mention several art-y challenges, or prompts or ??. Where can I find similar? Maybe blogs?
    Our Christmas was very laid back this year, hope you didn’t overdo!Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better and that the power is back on and you had a good Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.