Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Wonderful Wednesday and The Zoom-y Quilt Retreat

Welcome another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  On Saturday, I mentioned the event that a friend and I would be attending a virtual quilt retreat. Today, I'm here to share more about our day with Carole @ My Carolina Home and eight quilters from all across the United States (along with one from Canada.)

Pre-Retreat Pep Talk...

Dee Dee and I had our own private Zoom call just before the retreat was schedule to begin.  We talked about what we hoped to accomplish during the day and I showed her how I had straightened up the Scrap Center, my regular "Zoom station"...


 ... Along with the (somewhat) decluttered Project Center area behind the sewing station:



The (Virtual) Quilt Retreat...

I started the morning by preparing binding for a client quilt:


With that done, I moved on to applying it to the back of the quilt:


After that was attached, I moved on to sewing pairs of rows for my niece's wedding quilt:


I enjoyed a brief intermission when Needleb stopped by to drop something off for Knittingsuek, who will drop by sometime this week:


Just before the retreat was scheduled to end... 


... Our hostess took photos of the group, so I captured some shots, too...


... Believe me when I say, it wasn't any easier than it is for me to get a group shot for Quilt Bee:


This is my progress on the wedding quilt.  Pairs of pairs of rows sewn:


I even managed to do some design work for DARK Neutral month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


I was SEW surprised that there was opportunity to being assembly:


Thanks, Carole! I'm SEW glad that I saw your post offering sign-ups for this (virtual) quilt retreat. We all had a productive day:



Post-Retreat Wrap-up...

Dee Dee and I met for a few minutes to decompress:


She shared the quilt that I missed a photo of when she finished it this morning:


Dee Dee sent me a photo of the quilt she completed shortly after the retreat ended:


Once we said goodbye, I went on to stitch the pieces of my latest project for the RSC:


I was SEW excited by the day's progress that I couldn't stop myself from finishing the sock that I've been knitting on for the last couple of weeks, as well:

All that remains is weaving in the ends.  Not my favorite job!


Sharing with Alycia
for

and

Whooping it up with Sarah
@


Until next time...
RETREAT (at home!!!)



4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! and you got so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very productive day! I really liked the neutral/reds quilt from Dee Dee--I love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend a day. It looks like it was great fun and you got a lot done. I think I need a zoom quilt retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of fun. I really love the look and the colors in the 9-patch quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.