Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wonderful Wednesday - Shades of Beige

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!! This past weekend, I dug into my LIGHT Neutral scraps as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Some would say that neutrals aren't a color, but if Angela called it, I'm going to sew it.  :P

As usual, it all started with a pile of scraps...


... And the knowledge that I wanted to use that scrap of fabric at the bottom of the photo below to build some sort of pleasing design:


Notice anything different about the completed quilt top below???


You would THINK that since I had designed it, I might have realized that the center section had gotten switched around in the piecing process, but NOOOO...  I layered it up without a thought:


I quilted it up (with just a niggle of a memory that something seemed to be out of place), but never double-checking the photos:


The mini quilt was bound with another scrap of fabric and only 7.5" remained when the deed was done:


Here is Shades of Beige, displayed on the Gallery Wire:


And a closer look at the 8" x 10" mini quilt:


I took it outside for a photo by the freshly trimmed holly tree:


Finished with the first LIGHT Neutral project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  There's another one waiting in the wings... er... on the ironing board.  Maybe, I'll tackle that between grocery processing and my meeting with LeeAnna or perhaps I'll prepare the binding for one of the LWR Mission Quilts.  (See the tab at the top of the page.)

Sharing with Kelly
for

and

Joining Cynthia
for
Oh Scrap! (On Sunday)

Special thanks to Needleb, Dee Dee, and others for their scrappy contributions to this little quilt.  I appreciate every scrap of fabric you off-load share with me.

Until next time...
Scrappy Improv ROCKS!!!

10 comments:

  1. Love that, Joy! There's something so appealing about those low volume pieces all together. I've been sewing with my light(ish) neutral strings the last couple days, but there are lots of smaller pieces that aren't going to work for the string blocks. They might turn into something else, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love light neutrals. Shades of Beige is a darling mini quilt! Looks like you are enjoying a wonderful week. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beige pieces, they are so calming! What a pretty quilt! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little quilt you made! I had to look twice to see the flip... happens to me all the time. Thank goodness for the camera on the phone, I use it a lot and still manage to swap things around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice use of scraps! Whenever I switch something around unnoticed I call it "a happy accident" when done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun little project! Nice work to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to notice the difference, Joy, when it is all beige!!! The neutrals will beautifully hide the stain from the teacup :-D when you use this lovely little pice as a mug rug. I wonder what the back looks like. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  8. While you were being Productive, with a capital P, I was busy trying to find “ I Like” photos foe LeeAnna’s I Like Thursday party! I forgot to blog hop! So this morning, Saturday, I’m trying to catch up! It’s snowing here! Big wet flakes! No photos outside for me! I like you Gallery Wire Mini a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little finish Joy. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a sweet finish! What a great use of neutral prints!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.