Monday, March 30, 2020

Mail Call Monday - Quilty Orphan Adoption 2020 Edition

Welcome to another edition of Mail Call Monday!!  Today, I'm here to share the package I received over the weekend.  Hooray for happy mail!  Of course, it took some time for the contents to be revealed, but here is a preview:



First the package spent some time in quarantine with the rest of the mail (barely visible at the top of the photo.)  Social distancing, you know?!  After decontamination, it was ready for processing:



Here's the story...

Cynthia @ Quilting is more fun than Housework recently hosted her semiannual Quilty Orphan Adoption.  A number of people (excluding my totally slacker self!) signed up with some projects and quilt parts to... well... part with.

I put my name in the proverbial hat for a few of them.  What can I say?!  I'm a scrap addict!!

SEW, anyway...

One of the items that I offered to adopt was from Erin @ My Patchwork Life.



She actually had a bunch of wonderful scrappy bits up for grabs!  One of the items that I couldn't resist was this lovely batch of Bonus HSTs:
.


Find out more about the provenance of these lovelies HERE.

Thank you, Erin, for braving the line at the post office to get that package in the mail!! I am so very excited to have received these new "toys" to play with.  I will make every attempt to find a use for your darling little HSTs real soon!  For now, I will sort through them...



... And see if I can come up with a design.  So far, all I've got is pretty much a hot mess:



I feel certain that something will come to me.  Soon enough.  :o))

Until next time...
Adopt a project!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll make something nice and beautiful with those HSTs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just in time for Bonnie Sew-in-place sew-along. It requires HSTs. Wow! Lucky you! You got your HSTs already, lol. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those would be so fun to play with! Pinwheels, ocean waves, just triangles.... can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New scraps are always fun! How long are you keeping your mail in quarantine before opening it? Are you doing anything to it beside just waiting? Inquiring minds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh fun!!! you will have a great time figuring this out!! and I love it - we are quarantining our mail too!! ( and boxed groceries ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.