Saturday, March 5, 2016

Design Floor Friday {... On Saturday} O's T-Quilt

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  It's been quite a while since I've posted about anything on the design floor...  because it's been a LONG TIME since I've had anything out there to share.  On Wednesday, I had O's T-quilt laid out for your viewing pleasure (and to try to decide how to proceed with this quilt!!)

Yes!  I realize that Wednesday is NOT Friday, but that will just have to be OK!!

This quilt is due for a Spring delivery and Spring is on its way.  Don't think that I haven't been doing ANYTHING toward this goal!  I did purchase the backing fabric on my recent trip to Foust and Mary Jo's.  Actually, I bought TWO different fabrics for the back of this quilt!!  The first was nixed by O's mother. The second was approved.

It was a stroke of genius on my part!  I've know O since he was 2 years old.  I know his affinity for "cozy pants."  I also know that the entire family are die-hard NC State Wolfpack fans.  What better choice than a fleece fabric covered in helmets, basketballs, and team letters?!  :o))


SEW...


The quilt is out on the floor and it's been through several iterations, which, I thought you might like to see.  You would, wouldn't you???  I thought so!!

Take a look at...

Version One was basically the result of throwing all of the shirts down and attempting to arrange them so that there weren't too many of one color clumped together:


In Version Two, I moved a few things around.  The bright green lion pajama top didn't work for me up in the top corner.  Measures were taken to consolidate some of the pieces for good balance in the bottom row of shirts:


Version Three is MUCH closer to a pleasing arrangement for me.  However, I feel that there MUST be a better spot for the white skull and cross bones on black:


For now, it's back to the drawing board!  (That's because there is one or two more items to be fit in to the front of the quilt.)  Then it's back to the cutting board.  Followed by a trip to the sewing machine. Maybe tomorrow...


Which (ultimately) brought us to Friday!!  (See?  I told you.) 


The bottom half of the quilt (rows) was pieced:


Which left the top half:


Only the upper left hand corner remains...


... Along with some filler squares to balance out the rows.

 The only problem was that my computer wasn't connecting to the internet on Friday, so I'm posting this on Saturday.  :o((

Until next time...
I'll be juggling quilt squares!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.