Saturday, February 27, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 9

Welcome to Week 9 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  WHERE did the week go?!?!  I'm not quite sure... since my normal practice of inputting each day as it came and went fell by the wayside.

I'll try to recreate it for you, but don't be surprised, there is VERY little sewing involved!  :o((

SUNDAY was UFO Bee. Our hostess shared the quilt top that she completed after our last meeting:


Nice work, Diane!!!

On MONDAY, I did a whole lot of nothing and a little PT, but here's what I accomplished yesterday:


Next up, setting triangles for Dr. Pete's Wedding Quilt!!

TUESDAY was Knit Group in the morning, followed by lunch with a friend recovering from hip replacement surgery. I provided the lunch and spent a good bit of the afternoon chatting and watching episodes of House Hunters on HGTV, which happens to be my favorite TV channel!!!  :o))

When I got home, I did a little bit of sewing to complete ONE Rainbow Crumb Block.  And LOOK!! There is even a TINY bit of BROWN in there, too:


It looks suspiciously like a String Block.  Oh, well!!!

On WEDNESDAY, I had a crazy-busy day!!  I spent the morning with my new little friend "J" and raced off to a hair appointment in the early afternoon. Once I was beautified, I chased a storm (literally! The school dismissed the student drivers so that they wouldn't be driving during a tornado.) back to Hboro to pick up "K" and "L" for a bite to eat.

Whew!!  Off to bed early... I'm exhausted!!!

THURSDAY, I got up early to get DS2 off to Jazz.  (I know!  Not the usual day, but an extra rehearsal because the teacher won't be in on Monday.)  Anyway, a little while later, I was at the school to pick him up for our visit to Duke University Medical Center.  We spent the entire morning at The Children's Health Center.  It was time for DS2's Three Year Studies.  He had a dose of the usual... vitals, blood work, ECHO, and PFT.  These were followed by a visit with his bone marrow doctor and a trip to Noodles and Co. for lunch (on the way back to school, so that he could make it back in time for his LAST class of the day.  Better than missing the WHOLE day!!)

There was a small chunk of time between grocery shopping and cooking dinner.  I made use of it by making ONE Rainbow Crumb Block:


Oops!!  This one is disguised as a Slab Block.

FRIDAY was another long day.  I spent the entire day with my little friend "J":


Shhhh!!!  Don't wake the baby!!!

Later, I had planned to meet DS2 for dinner before attending the UNC Symphony.  We hoped for tickets at the door, but the event was canceled (for us) as DS2 had a headache when he got home from school and it shot our plans to smithereens.  :o((

On SATURDAY, I tackled Mt. Washmore and joined in Angela's LINK PARTY over on the So Scrappy Blog.  I hope you will follow the links to see what all of the RSC Quilters have been up to this week (since I didn't have very much in the way of quilt inspiration here.)

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

13 comments:

  1. Busy week indeed! Your new friend J is a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could spend all day with J. What a little cutie!
    Hopefully you'll be able to get back to sewing full force next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck squeezing in a little sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy week! Glad you had one day to gear up for the rest. Fun little slabs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to hear about your week! I think every little bit of sewing counts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy week...glad you got to do a little bit of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still got a lot done. Sometimes, life gets in the way. I hope the bone marrow visit went well and the other tests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a lot. Little J is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great week! I love that 9 patch one!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.