Saturday, February 13, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 7

Welcome to Week 7 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!!  As you may know, I've been having trouble with my email provider (for several weeks or has it been a month now?!)  I really would LOVE to be able to respond to all of my lovely comment-ers, but it's just not going to be possible for me to catch up on 3 - 4 weeks of comments.  Please forgive me and know that I was finally able to find a solution.  Leave a comment on this post and you should receive a response within a few days.  Thank you, again, for your understanding in this matter!!

On to the week in review...

SUNDAY morning, I found that Angela had posted:

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler 2016

Click on the title to view the tutorial for a Patience Corner block done in scraps.  Looking at the block, I noticed a way to complete the block using one larger square and four longer strips, but our goal is to USE our scraps!!

I had bigger fish to fry, so off I went to my UFO Sew-In.  However, I made ONE String Block in BROWN with pink accents as a warm-up exercise:



On MONDAY, I left bright and early for an adventure with an old friend.  We journeyed several hours from home to attend a Fabric Warehouse Sale and make stops at Mary Jo's Fabrics:



... And IKEA on the way home:


The car was QUITE packed.  Sorry...  PHOTO UNAVAILABLE!!  It was a wonderful day. Thanks for inviting me to go along, Tif!!  It was a pleasure spending quality time with you.  I enjoyed every minute of it!

TUESDAY morning, I went off to my weekly Knit Group meeting.  It appears that we have switched from Friday and the current new day is TODAY...  Until my work schedule changes (again!!!)

After knitting, but before my doctor appointment, I made the center of a Maverick Star and trimmed the light squares for the block (which I will assemble another day.):



On WEDNESDAY there was FREE time in my schedule!!!  I had intended to get some work done, however, Knit Friend came to town on business.  I had planned on meeting her there, but when I attempted to start my car, I found that it was DEAD in the garage.  Never fear!!  Knit Friend to the rescue.  She took care of the meeting alone and then came by to take me out to lunch - so that I wouldn't be trapped in the house all day.  Thanks, TBF!!

I'm not quite sure what happened to the intervening hours, but I did manage to select and layout pieces for that Maverick Star center that I made yesterday:



THURSDAY
is the day that I attend my weekly Quilt Group meeting.  Today was NOT a productive day for me:



I had things to do before AND after the meeting made sewing more than that ONE Maverick Star Block impossible:



On FRIDAY, I thought that I had a FREE DAY to work in my studio...  Until I realized that Mt. Washmore was taking over the laundry room and the refrigerator was suspiciously empty.  SEW, no.  Laundry and grocery shopping, yes.  :o((


SATURDAY mornings are normally for joining the LINK PARTY over at the So Scrappy blog, but I had a meeting to attend.  Off to my monthly Quilt Bee meeting!  Catch you later...

OK, I'm back.  (I've actually been back for a while, but I had H over after bee. I don't get to spend time with her often and jumped at the chance!)  If you click on the LINK PARTY, be prepared to be amazed by the wonderful projects of the RSC Quilters!! I'm ready.  Will you follow me to the LINK PARTY???  (I hope so!!)

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

5 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful Maverick star. I love the HTS in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyful, I thank you for another happy, positive blog post. Yours are such a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the maverick star block. Hopefully you will have a nice calm day soon. Mt Laundrymore waits for no one though, and the fridge never seems to fill itself. Life takes so much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy your weekly recaps. Nice Maverick Star.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.