Sunday, February 21, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 8

Welcome to Week 8 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Each week I join the LINK PARTY at Angela's So Scrappy blog.  She encourages the RSC Quilters to USE their fabric scraps.  It takes scrap quilting to a whole 'nother level (and I absolutely LOVE it!!!)

In case you are curious, here is how my week went...

On SUNDAY, I wanted to wish YOU a... Happy Valentine's Day!!!


Photo staging by me.  Tablescape by Deborah.


MONDAY was a LONG day!!  I was "iced in" at home (feeling guilty that I wasn't working.)  As the day passed, I worked on (and finished) ONE Rainbow Crumb Block:




I did some work around the house and thought about what tabs I might create for the top of my blog page.  Three amazingly generous quilters have explained the process of creating these tabs.  I am grateful to each, but then, as I read the instructions from the third quilter, I began to feel like I finally GET IT.  I decided that I really COULD create the tabs (and did so on my Quilt Bee blog), but then I began to wonder if I even needed tabs along the top of my page!!  (Thank you for your help Angela, ?? , and Kat!! So sorry that I can't locate the email from the third quilter for a proper acknowledgement.)

Do YOU have tabs on your blog page?  How did you decide what tabs were needed/useful?  I'm having trouble deciding.  Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!


On TUESDAY, I did a few hours of work and discovered that Kat (a different one than mentioned yesterday!) had posted a new batch of Covered in Love quilts.  One of the quilts included a block (or two!) that I made for the December Block Drive.  There's still time for YOU to participate in the February Block Drive.  Here's the block that I made and it even includes some BROWN tones:



Let me tell you... after making so many Tiny Nines and such, this 12.5" block seemed HUGE!!!

WEDNESDAY was Girls Night Out and I spent the bulk of the day in anticipation of the event.  When I wasn't thinking about it or preparing for it, I cleaned house.  Nothing exciting to show.

On THURSDAY, I enjoyed the company of THIS 7 week old wonder:



Ahhh, bliss!!  (No time for quilting, though.)

FRIDAY was a busy day filled with Knit Group (which returned to Friday - for this week), the Elon University Jazz Festival...




 And SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Anyone in the market for an old Singer Commercial Sewing Machine???



On SATURDAY, I had hoped to join Angela's LINK PARTY over at the So Scrappy blog... after getting up early, taking kids to the UNC Jazz Festival, and chaperoning all day, but my computer wouldn't cooperate.


You made beautiful music, CRHS Jazz I and you should be proud of your performance.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

4 comments:

  1. As a former band parent, I remember those chaperoning days well. I enjoyed every musical minute of them. No quilting at all for me in those days. I became an empty nest quilter. You are sew accomplished. I'd say pass me one of those delicious looking cookies, but I am sure they did not last long with a hungry bando in the house. Thanks for sharing your week ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the tabs, do you mean Home, etc. in a row at the top? I have an iPad and struggled with that. Somehow I got three tabs set up, but now I can't seem to find out how to fill my Antique Quilts tab. The Home button is important to be able to copy the entire blog, especially if the Blog name at the top does not work out or there is none. Anyway, I'm still struggling to be able to put links in my paragraphs to other places. Help, please if any of you can. I will owe you a big one. Good luck, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week - Love your little 7 week old friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.