Saturday, September 12, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC26 - Week 37

Welcome to Week 35 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week should be filled with PURPLE scrap projects after Angela's official announcement for September's Color of the Month.  There will be pockets of time available for sewing tasks.  The question, as always, is how that time will be used.  Appointments, meetings and art classes tend to fill my days.  Will there be enough energy left for quilting?

Keep reading to see how things went...

SUNDAY -  The day began with this stack of PURPLE quilt parts.  I thought that I was dragging out a donation top along with its backing and batting.

Obviously, I've got some work to do!  Because...

As I unfolded the stack of parts, I realized there were TWO quilt tops, one batting remnant, and scrap chunks for building a pair of backings:


During my Weekly Morning Art Zoom friends on Get Messy this morning I made a collage with bits from a 2025 Ephemera Swap at Get Messy.  Special thanks to my swap partner @estarovia for the stickers along with the patterned backing of another set.  I added a coordinating figure to finish off the page:


MONDAY - Labor Day Holiday

After lunch, I headed up to the studio for this week's Library Crawl with the Incorporating Favorites lesson from the Season of Focus with Maria.  My favorites included book pages, deli paper and the color orange.  I added a touch of whimsy with stickers I've been saving:


I later met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call:


TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day (or NOT!)

During the new Early Explorers hangout, I assembled this collage using papers from @claudette_hasenjager when I joined Get Messy's Curiosity Collective several years ago:


Later, I headed off to DMV.  License renewal was the order of the day.  I waited fewer than 5 minute and was done with the process 4 minutes BEFORE my appointment time.  Whew!  It must be my lucky day.  :o))

WEDNESDAY - Art Day

During Midweek Meetup, I decided to use some random people cut outs for a single collage:


Later, I enjoyed my Watercolor Zoom session with my friend Belinda:


I painted the following from @blooms.and.brushstrokes video Belinda sent after our last painting session.  I saved the linework for later, as outlining makes me uncomfortable:


THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day

Weekly Quilt Group met at DeeDee's this week.  I reported on my UFO progress.  After lunch, Britt and I enjoyed an ART-venture.  We finally played with the stencils Quilt Diva Julie sent in my last supply infusion box. I added the stencils into my "Roll Off Journal" while Britt worked on a photocopy of one of her recent gel prints:


FRIDAY - Knit Group

We met at Beth's house this morning and I finished the first sock of my current pair:


After a quick lunch, I went upstairs for Deandra's Art Zoom.  I worked on this collage made with tissue paper that Britt brought back from her recent vacation and a magazine cutout:


During my Weekly Evening Art Zoom, I did another super scrappy page in my Collage Scraps Journal.  This one in pink PUPRLE and orange:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I hope to catch up with everyone this weekend.

Any PURPLE scrappy progress this week, Joyful???

Honestly, no.  However, I do plan to make quilt labels for this scrappy PURPLE quilt and three of its friends today.  They are headed to our local Quilt Guild Show later this month:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.