Saturday, September 5, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC26 - Week 36

Welcome to Week 35 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's transition week for the RSC Quilters.  Angela announced the new Color of the Month on Saturday:


PURPLE

Read on to see how my week progressed...

SUNDAY -  The day began with an excavation project.  I dug out my PURPLE scraps:


Immediately followed by my Weekly Morning Art Zoom on Get Messy.  This morning I build a page around a collage cluster made months ago:


MONDAY - Errand Day/Art Day

After lunch, I headed up to the studio for this week's Library Crawl with a lesson from Jane the Crazy who offered two prompts... Crazy Happy and/or Vintage.  My response:


I later met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call:


TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day

During the Early Explorers hangout, I did another page in my Collage Scraps Altered Book journal.  This one uses a gel print and a magazine image, slightly separated from its ad:



During Midweek Meetup, I worked on another simple collage.  A background, a figure, and done.  I was pleased to find the printed tissue paper in my paper stash background:


I missed Tuesday Explorers this afternoon.  :o((

However, I dragged out this PURPLE scrappy UFO to work on this month:


I consider that a WIN!!  :o))

THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day

Today my Weekly Quilt Group met at the Chapel Hill Library.  I served at hostess and filled in for our current editor.  After lunch, Britt and I enjoyed an ART-venture.  I brought my computer to watch a webinar from Julie Hamilton that was playing LIVE after we ate.  Britt decided to paint along.  This is the page that I ended up with, inspired by Julie's work:


After class, we both decided to play with some paper scraps.  Here we are with our completed collages:


Yet another collage soon followed in my Collage Scraps Journal:


FRIDAY - Knit Group

We met at Beth's this morning.  It was a full house:


After a quick lunch, I went upstairs for Get Messy's Friday Friends hangout.  I pieced together the following page from a single print ad which was too large to fit otherwise:


Followed by Deandra's Art Zoom where I sorted through bits on my desk and cut out ransom note letters for future projects.

During my Weekly Evening Art Zoom, I pieced together a blue background for an image found in my paper scrap bin:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  My apologies for not managing to catch up with everyone last weekend.

What about some PURPLE scrappy progress this week, Joyful???

No real progress, but I uncovered this month's UFO Challenge entry and pulled some scrap chunks for a potential backing for Project #11 - Ravelry Friendship Star Swap which I hope to finish at some point during the month:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.