Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wonderful Wednesday - 4th Qtr. APQS Play Date

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week, I'm here to share October's meeting of the APQS Owner's Play Date.  We discussed tension issues for our longarm quilting machines, learned a variety of ways to move around a quilt block,  and enjoyed lunch, as well as a bit of Show and Tell.


(Unfortunately, I neglected taking down names and stories.)  One of FOUR newbies for the day brought the most to share:








Another of our newbies brought quilts for quilting suggestions:






Edie brought the newest Kimberbell patterns:




Mack showed off his quilting on Carolyn's latest quilts for an upcoming fundraiser for their granddaughter's school:




Afterwards, I took a side trip to My Sewing Shoppe to drop off my Pfaff for service.  I really SHOULD have made the trip sooner, but I was still in shock over the fact that it was sick.

While there, of course, I just HAD to look at some fabric:



These are similar to a print that my niece thought she would like for her wedding quilt:




Now, my sewing machine case is looking SEW sad:



It's nothing but a rolling bag of spare parts, waiting for the machine's return.  I should REALLY learn to LISTEN to my machine more closely!  If I had done a better job of it, perhaps, my Pfaff and I wouldn't be separated right now.

I miss it SEW much!  :o((

Until next time...
SEW much to learn!!!

5 comments:

  1. My main sewing machine quit working and I took both it and my smaller class machine to get repaired/tuned up.

    You know the problem with sewing machine repair shops? They are frequently Sewing Machine SELLING shops. I ended up coming home with a new machine.... I regret nothing, really, because the new machine has solved a lot of technical problems that I was having with my class machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear the machine is in getting a spa treatment. I fear mine is in need....but I'm delaying for now. I just make sure to clean out the bobbin area each time I need to wind a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get so attached to these little work horses that we are almost get sick ourselves when they get sick. I have to get my spare one fix so I have something to work with before my main one starts showing signs of tiredness. Sigh! Good luck with yours. I hope it returns quickly.
    Love the mini quilt show. Lots of beauties. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful array of quilts. I am sorry to hear that about your machine. It will back before you know it!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry your machine is sick, hopefully it's coming home from the repair hospital very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.