Friday, October 11, 2019

Design Floor Friday - October's Sew/Craft Friends-zy

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  Today, I'm here to share the projects and events of October's Sew/Craft Friends-zy.  Yes, I went.  Even though I just got back from Retreat a few days before!!  Hardcore quilter, here.  (I even try to plan my vacations around Quilt Bee meetings!)


Here are the photos and I will add verbiage, if time allows...

I arrived only moments before Denise:



The artist was already ensconced at his station:


Denise couldn't WAIT to share her nearly completed quilt:


Curved piecing wasn't as hard as she thought it would be:


Denise recently took an IMPROV class...


... And bought the book to go with it:


Lisa accidentally started a NEW project:


Denise got right to work on her next quilt:


The scrapbookers left their stuff and went of a field trip:


Volunteers worked on deconstructing plastic bag to be knit or crocheted into light weight Waterproof Sleeping Mats for the area's homeless population:


I brought a BROWN project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


But first, I want to make progress on my Ella Donation.  My Pfaff needs to go for a Spa Day, which is why this quilt is being constructed on my Janome Jem Gold travel machine:


These are the fabric that Carol has chosen for her next collaborative quilt with Lisa:


Here is the inspiration quilt:


Row One has been assembled.  Keep up the good work, Denise:


The scrapbookers have returned:


Quilt Math???  Good luck with THAT, Lisa:


Warning!  Scrapbooking in progress:


Tiffany arrived and went right into Show and Tell mode...

First, her spectacularly finished Fair Quilt:


A really old UFO waiting for binding:


All of the fabrics in this quilt are stars:


Tiffany's recently made Carpenter's Star waiting for binding:


Hidden feather quilting:


Another recent make, Pecking Order, also waiting for binding:


One of the scrapbookers REALLY wants to be a quilter:


Carol worked on putting a pieced quilt back together:


Tiffany made and applied MILES of binding:


Patti made progress on her Canine Advent Trees:


Joy glued down fabric bit on Mis for Mosaic, thanks to Lisa's handy dandy Sewline Glue Pen:


Tiffany and piped binding number one:


Denise's new Star Quilt top, sans borders:


You can clearly see the artist's process:


Just LOOK at those rich colors:


Joy is happy to have all the little bits glued down:


Piped binding number one, done:


Tiffany's freshly finished Shakespeare in the Park:


Carol, I guess this is where the Design Floor title came from:


Lisa did some applique:


Tiffany prepares MORE binding:


First corner turned...


Tiffany is almost done with another quilt...


... Piped binding number two is DONE:


That means quilt number two is finished:


Carol is planning a special center of for this quilt back:


Someone got a new motorcycle:


Here's the lucky rider:


Denise added borders to her Star Quilt... 


Next up, quilting!  But first, a closer look...


... And a peek over the top of the quilt:


Denise likes the Recycled Denim Pin Cushion that I made:


Speaking of what I made... I have a nice stack of freshly pieced 4-Patches for my Ella Quilt:


Tiffany applies piped binding number three...


... While Denise stitches down more of the facing on her new Circle wall hanging:


Lisa asked for an opinion about her appliqued berries:


She was concerned about the spacing, but it looks good:


Tiffany's Pecking Order quilt is now completed.  If you are counting, that is finish number THREE for the day:


I'm not sure why she's hiding behind her quilt:


Carol completed some HSTs in two sizes for her new quilt:


All in all, it was a VERY good day.  Although, I must say, we did miss the folks that weren't able to be with us this month.  Hoping to see Britt and Lois in November.

Until next time...
Sit, STITCH, repeat!!!

6 comments:

  1. Some very productive ladies there... I'm in LOVE with the fair quilt; already googled by that name but didn't find it. Can/would you please ( pretty please with sugar on top) ask for the info for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is Capistrano. That is the small version.

      Delete
    2. Thank you soooo/sewww much :) I just found a used copy on amazon and ordered it. YAY!! ( Like I really need another pattern/book but I WANT it lol)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a productive group! There are some wonderful projects in being finished off and in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your brown quilt in progress and look forward to seeing more of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.