Saturday, January 19, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 3

Welcome to Week 3 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Well, RED sewing took a backseat this week.  However, there was still plenty of RED to build a blog post around.  Read on!

SUNDAY - Winter returned with a smattering of icy pellets overnight.  Got power?  Let's hope so!  I've got BIG plans today.

MONDAY - What happened at Quilt Guild stays at Quilt Guild!!  Why?  It was the annual Silent Auction, that's why.  :P

OK, okay!  I will share this much...

The THREE scraps of RED fabric on the LEFT were purchased to be incorporated in my project for the Black and White Blog Hop which begins MONDAY, January 21st:



And...  (Don't anyone faint!)  I took a GIANT black garbage bag FILLED with fabric scraps to pass along:



I also turned in another Tag Team Donation Quilt:



TUESDAY - Nothing special going on today.  DH was out of town, doing some work over at his Mother's, so DS2 and I went out for dinner.  (Better than freezing my buns off in front of the BBQ grill as had been the plan!)

Angela is doing Tiny Tuesday, but I can't keep up!  Too many other things to make.  Maybe one day... Just NOT now.  :o((

WEDNESDAY - It's time for another Wonderful Wednesday post.  It's also time for Girls Night Out.  What could be better than dinner with friends?  Throw in some wine and knitting.  Perfection!

Oops!!  Change of plan....

Not many of our group were able to attend tonight.  Two of us ended up meeting at Filament Coffee, as the usual place had a CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE sign on the door when I arrived.  :o((

That was a nice change, actually, and I was able to FINISH the first sleeve on my Hoodie Shawl Cardigan!  This is me, wearing RED in honor of the RSC Color of the Month, binding off the last few stitches.  Must. Knit. FASTER!! as the shop closed 5 minutes ago:



THURSDAY - Today's agenda got thrown out the window in favor of spending some time with my Weekly Quilt Group.  The regular editor of the group was out sick, so I went by to take a few photos.  I was pleased to be able to stick around for most of the meeting, and was rewarded with fabric scraps.  Thanks, Candy!  There is even a scrap of RED in the bag:



While checking up on the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project, I found this amazing quote over on From My Carolina Home blog.  It is from the Get Well card that was part of a gift for a good friend.  I found the sentiment inspiring:

Post Op Basket at FromMyCarolinaHome.com


FRIDAYThis morning I released a NEW edition of Design Floor Friday.  It's been quite some time since the last one.  Besides that, there was some news to share that was too good to not have its own post!  :o))

I'll give you a little hint... It began with this corner of piecing:



After that was taken care of, I headed to Raleigh for APQS Owner's Group.  It's been FIVE MONTHS since I was able to attend.  I enjoyed seeing everyone and the program was varied and questions about locating a burr, which causes thread breakage, was a big part of today's discussion:



I had a late lunch/early dinner with DS1, before returning home for my sewing supplies.  Tonight was Friday Night Sew-In and I got (the better part of) two out of five columns sewn on my niece's wedding T-shirt quilt:



SATURDAY - We have arrived at LINK PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  I'm dancing in my new-to-me RED Converse All-Stars, as this is my favorite day of the week:



I'll catch up with the RSC Quilters later today or sometime tomorrow.  Right now, I'm going to load the longarm.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

10 comments:

  1. Great saying on the card. Love the nails and it sounds like you had some great one on one with both kids this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in red, Joy! Your smile is so big. You must really be enjoying your knit group -- and other social groups. LOVE the charity quilt you turned in. Hooray for the scraps for taking the pics! Can't wait to see your black and white blog post. The corner of that brown quilt is awesome too. Busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind week. Plenty of lovely things happening at your place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Blooming 9 Patch, and had fun reading your post about all the steps/days involved in its creation! That is a really neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoom! There you go again, whirling through another week!
    (I've got those same sneakers! Also purple ones! They're the best!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful text on the card. Your Blooming 9 patch quilt is so beautiful!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for nice comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a week! I love stories about things not going as you plan, but still ending up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A busy and productive week. Congrats on all the progress on your projects. Hope this week is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one very busy lady! :) I love that card - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.