Saturday, August 18, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 33

Welcome to Week 33 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I am very excited about the events of this week.  Stay tuned for an update...

SUNDAY - The stars aligned and the stitching lines did, too!  I completed the quilting on this client quilt (AND there's little bits of ORANGE in it, too.)  It's been hanging around my studio far too long!  Best of all, my client was quite pleased with the quilting:



MONDAY - I finally got a TINY bit of ORANGE sewing done.  This is a close-up of the little 9-Patch quilt block measuring 2" square:









TUESDAY - This afternoon, I put on my big girl britches and rough-cut the rest of the T-shirts for my niece's wedding quilt:



WEDNESDAY - Released my Wonderful Wednesday post bright and early this morning.  Click over to see what it was all about!

THURSDAY - I was able to squeeze in a visit with my Weekly Quilt Group.  Finagling the schedule was a challenge, but SEW worth the effort!  I was rewarded with scrap bags filled with bits of ORANGE and other fabric...

From Candy:



From Joanna:


And... from Deborah:



FRIDAY - Knit Group in the morning was followed by a trip to... the library???  Yep!  The Wedding T-Quilt required a bigger design space than was currently available in my home or studio.  This is the 7th iteration (bride approved!) of the preliminary quilt layout:



SATURDAY - The LINK PARTY found on Angela's So Scrappy blog is sure to display even more ORANGE than seen here.  I'll check out all of the projects later today.

Meanwhile, Angela is off to take her eldest daughter to college.  Best of luck, Anna!!  The RSC Quilters will be cheering you on!

I'm headed to my Monthly Quilt Bee meeting.  We're having a Sew Day after the meeting.  Blooming 9-Patch progress to follow...

Photo Currently Unavailable!!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like your t-shirt design is really coming along! Sometimes that is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That t-shirt quilt is moving along and look at those new orange scraps! Fun. Love the quilting on the customer quilt - you are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy week, but it looks like you got in lots of fun stitching and play time. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilting on the client quilt, and good for you working on the t-shirt quilt. I have one in my future, not really a fan....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A block 2 inches square? Everything you do is colorful and fun.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo! The itty 9-patch!
    Those scraps look like fun - enough orange and green for a pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun week of quilting for you. Beautiful work and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the looks of the T-shirt wedding quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.