Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Scrap Attack Tuesday - May Mission Accomplished...


MAY-be...

Welcome to another edition of Scrap Attack Tuesday!!  I'm here to report back on my May goals.  (And April's, too.)

Shall I go in chronological order???

April Leftovers...


From my Scrap Attack list:

1. Choose a quilt to donate and mail to Covered in Love!


CHECK!!!

Ish...

I've chosen the quilt:



I really THOUGHT I'd wanted to quilt it.  Then reality set in!!  I don't currently have the time for that task.  Which means...

I still didn't QUITE meet my goal.  :o((


On the plus side, the quilt, its backing fabric, AND its binding fabric are sitting in the car waiting for me to stop at the post office to send the lot off to Kat at Covered in Love.  :o))

From my secondary list, in case I have extra time or enthusiasm in any given month:


5. Try making something with selvages like City Mouse.

By the end of April I had gotten some selvages sewn, but they we're the competed item that I hoped for:


Now???  CHECK!!

A little late, but...

By the end of May, it looked like this:



And was gifted to an old friend:




May Accomplishments...


From my Scrap Attack list:

8. Sharon is working with the RSC, Work in the month's color.  This month Angela announce PINK.  I will concentrate on these Bonus HSTs:



I made the beginnings of a mini quilt:


But...

I misplaced it in the move from Needleb's sewing room back to mine.  :o((

I'm still giving it a CHECK!!

I've got too much on my plate to be concerned over the fact that the small scrappy quilt wasn't completed.  I hope YOU all can agree with me on this point.

From my secondary list, in case I have extra time or enthusiasm in any given month:


11. Make a Thread Catcher out of Batik scraps. (All me!)



While the basket turned out quite like a Mug Rug...



I'm giving myself a CHECK for completing May's secondary Scrap Attack goal, anyway.

Why, Joyful???

Life is too short to worry about the difference between a Mug Rug and a Thread Catcher!!  They take approximately the same amount of fabric and the person this will be gifted to didn't have need of a container to hold threads.

The whole point of participating is to USE our scraps and I did that this month.  Did YOU???

Thank you to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for hosting this challenge.  Mission accomplished!!

Until next time...
Attack Those SCRAPS!!!

3 comments:

  1. You did great! I've done some things with selvages but not recently - I have a bin full ... Love that you are using up those scraps! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, as long as you are having fun and the scraps were attacked I'd say you score!! Love the selvage mug rug. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! Yes, done is done, even if the project was diverted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.