Saturday, June 9, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 23

Welcome to Week 23 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  We deal in fabric scraps for pleasure.  The brainchild of Angela, over at the So Scrappy blog, has been inspiring quilters around the globe for years now.  I'm SEW happy that I found her at the end of 2014!  She recharged my enthusiasm for quilting...

Although, you might not be able to tell it from THIS week...

SUNDAY - Mari's Squared Away Sampler block for this month can be found HERE.  My day consisted mainly of doing chores around the house.  The main one?  Tackling Mt. Washmore, of course!

My favorite project bag was on-hand to fill the gaps between loads:



MONDAY - Where did Monday go?!  Apparently, it passed by so quickly that I didn't get a chance to mentally note what transpired.

TUESDAY - A hair appointment late this afternoon gave me the perfect excuse to skip cooking dinner tonight.  After enjoying takeout from our favorite sandwich shop, I went up to the sewing room to plow through my TEAL scrap basket:



But WAIT!!  There's more in the TURQUOISE/AQUA basket:


WEDNESDAY - Sent out notifications for the 2018 (Ravelry) Mug Rug Swap.  Near the end on the process, I noticed two items that I had previously disregarded.  Oops!!  ONE of two was resolved BEFORE it became an issue.  I'm still working on the second.

THURSDAY - I made a quick stop at my Weekly Quilt Group meeting today.  My replacement editor was gone for the day, so I dropped by to take a photos for the group's blog.  It was SEW great to see everyone!

FRIDAY - I was pleased to attend Knit Group today.  Lunch afterwards with one of "the girls" boasted some of our RSC Color of the Month:



I was dressed for the occasion...


All the way down to my toes:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over at So Scrappy!!  Visit the link provided for some TEAL/TURQUOISE/AQUA scrappy  goodness.  You won't be disappointed (because other RSC Quilters actually sewed this week.)

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. My local quilty friends and I have agreed that when you don't have time to sew, petting fabric still counts for something! Love your pretty teal and turquoise baskets of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I avoid doing by just sitting and looking at my stash, dreaming up new projects. Your daily diary is just the thing to help keep on track. If I don't say goodby, I'll have nothing to cross off my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, everyone, for commenting on my post! I appreciate all of your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute lizard fabric! And I love your baskets of scraps.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I am whittling down Mt. Washmore today! Looks like you had another fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of scraps to work with and love the clothes, shoes and nails to match...LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not so easy to whittle down Mt. Washmore here...we have an old wringer/washer and we hang clothes out to dry if it's nice.

    I liked that turquoise basket of turquoise scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized - I have teal shoes! I'm finally dressing the part like you =). Petting and wearing teal/aqua sure do count in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize that RSC rekindled your quilty enthusiasm! I always get a kick out of reading your upbeat posts. It really is fun to play along each month, isn't it? And it's making a good dent in my scraps, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.